Ask me to describe Leah Remini and I’ll say things like, “She’s that former Scientologist who was on The King of Queens.” Or maybe, “She’s that former Scientologist who’s best friends with Jennifer Lopez.” Or, uh, “She’s that former Scientologist who was what’s her name on the Saved By the Bell season set on the beach. Stacey Carosi? Or was she Tori Scott? One of them.” Ask Tom Cruise the same question and he’d say one thing, and one thing only:
“Leah Remini is the devil.”
In a chat with Larry King, Remini spoke about Scientology (of course) and explained her relationship with the famous actor:
KING: Tom Cruise believes [in Scientology]. I don’t think he’s out to fool you.
REMINI: No but Tom is very well aware of what is Scientology truthfully. He is very well aware that it’s an organization that is defrauding people out of their lives. But in his heart I believe that he believes it.
KING: What would [Tom Cruise] say to you?
REMINI: He wouldn’t say anything because he thinks that I’m the devil. All Scientologists are taught to believe that people like me are the devil [and] that we mean them harm… I believe that he, like me, has been lied to.
This is not surprising in the least, but it is funny to imagine that hoards of angry Scientologists actually believe Leah Remini, an actress best known for saying things like, “Shut the hell up, ya jackass,” on CBS is evil personified, and one of their biggest threats.
Sources are telling TMZ that “a slew of [UCLA Medical Center employees] couldn’t resist attempting” to look up Kanye West’s medical history on hospital computers after he was admitted last month for what may have been a nervous breakdown.
[A number of employees attempted] to gain access to the computer system. Several sources tell us officials at the Medical Center have conducted an investigation. One source says several dozen people have been or will be fired. Other sources simply say the investigation is ongoing and they expect firings.
“Several dozen” people will soon be getting house calls from Kris Jenner.
Here are Busy Philipps and Michelle Williams. Just because.
- I told Jezebel’s Deputy Editor Kate Dries that I would make this the second lead story today but eventually realized that it’s not worth anyone’s time. Sorry for the late notice, Kate. [Us Weekly]
- Of COURSE the Flip or Flop dad hooked up with the nanny. [TMZ]
- Of COURSE the Flip or Flop mom hooked up with the contractor. Actually, never mind, that’s a new one. [TMZ]
- After 64 seconds of this, I had a panic attack. [ONTD]
- This is not E!’s interpretation, but I sort of assume she’s talking about Chris Pratt here? [E! Online]
- Hugh. [TMZ]
- Amy Schumer bought the farm. [People]