The Glee episode addressing Cory Monteith's tragic and untimely death aired last night, and it handled the matter with dignity and grace. Notably, the cause of his character's death was never addressed — "I care more about how he lived," says Kurt at the start of the episode.
The majority of the episode was vignettes of the cast expressing their grief and singing songs honoring Finn's memory. Lea Michele, his real-life girlfriend who also played his character's love, openly cried as she sang "Make You Feel My Love" by Bob Dylan. It was touching and completely devastating. [People]
You can watch the rest of the performances here.
Today in unlikely celebrity feuds, the one between Gov. Chris Christie and Jenni "JWoww" Farley is going strong. JWoww is no longer angry about the governor's obvious and well-vocalized distaste for her former reality show The Jersey Shore, which was filmed alternatively in a hot tub and a middle school dance-themed orgy.
However, when it comes to Christie's stance on gay marriage (he's against it), JWoww is incensed:
If you have a problem with two people being in love, and you’re against gay marriage, I have a problem with you,” said Farley. “What happens between two human beings has nothing to do with Chris Christie and does not affect Chris Christie. What does affect me is when my best friend can’t get married in New Jersey, and my best friend’s mother, who is a lesbian, can’t get married.
Good for you, JWoww. [NY Daily News]
Well, this is just horrific: certain American Horror Story viewers and Emma Roberts haters took to Twitter to express their malicious glee at the show's disturbing, horrifying, soul-crushing gang rape scene, in which the character played by Roberts was drugged and raped by several frat boys. Some sentiments: "so happy that @RobertsEmma got frat raped," "Emma Roberts is getting gang-date raped, sweet," and "Shit, I would drug Emma Roberts just to have sex with her."
Let's take a moment to address that no one deserves to be raped; rape is never something that should be wished upon anyone — not even in a joking, cavalier way; cheering for a televised rape scene makes you complicit in rape culture. If you look at one of the most disturbing scenes on television in recent memory and think, "Ha, good," then you need to seriously examine your worldview. That's all! [ONTD]
- Lamar Odom has tested negative for drugs, says a source, and now he's meeting with "honchos from several basketball teams." Good for Lamar! [Bossip]
- One of the dancing bears from Miley Cyrus' VMA performance wrote a blog post saying that the experience made her feel "less than human": "For the first time I felt truly ashamed of being a little person. We were being used simply because we were little. It felt like society still saw us as a joke." Miley, please stop. [ONTD]
- Death Cab For Cutie are returning to the studio! Because if there is one thing the world needs, it's more soulful guitar-strumming/crooning/breathing into a microphone. [Billboard]
- Miley Cyrus went on Ellen and discussed her breakup with Liam Hemsworth, and she seemed very rational and well-balanced about it (possibly because she's postponing the weepy phase of her breakup until the new Death Cab album comes out?) [E!]
- You can't say that Baby North West was "spotted" if the only thing spotted was Kimye wheeling around a pram with a sheet over it. Anything could be in there. [E!]
- Seriously, though, that poor baby :( Stop taking pictures of the transport device that houses the baby! [Page Six]
- Walter White's underwear from Breaking Bad sold for almost $10,000. What is going to be done with them? Will they become a family heirloom? Will they be worn by someone? [E!]
- For some reason the fact that Melissa Joan Hart made out with Ryan Reynolds 18 years ago is becoming a thing that people are concerned about. DON'T WORRY, GUYS, BLAKE LIVELY KNOWS ABOUT IT. Everyone go home and hug your loved ones tight and be sure to remind them what happened to your tongue 18 years ago for, like, an hour max. [People]
- Sarah Jessica Parker smoked a cigarette!!! Time for the Health Vigilantes to judge her with righteous power. Also let's summarize her entire history of cig smoking, because what else notable is going on in the world today? [Page Six]
- Beyonce Instagrammed a photo of herself pretending to be an Instagram photo. [E!]
- Taylor Swift says she "needs to change" what she looks for in a man. Yes, T-Swift, whatever led you to John Mayer needs to be exorcised and cast into the shadowy realm from whence it came. Also, never forget that sisterhood is powerful. [Gossip Cop]
- Avril Lavigne says she found her husband while recording her album, if any of you were looking for tips on how to pick up a Chad Kroeger from Nickleback of your own. [Just Jared]
- Everyone from One Direction has posted a photo of themselves as a child on Twitter. Who's that little boy standing next to the wizard that manifested himself into Liam through some dark, unspeakable magick? [MTV]
- Ian Somerhalder of the Vampire Diaries has a dog named Nietzsche, and she gave birth to some cute lil puppies. Congratulations, Nietzsche. [ONTD]
- Connie Britton is surprised that people talk about her hair so much. Michelangelo's ghost is surprised that people talk about the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel so much. God is surprised that people talk about the existence of light so much. [Pop Sugar]
- OOOoooooh a lot of Royals are not invited to Prince George's christening. Daaaaaaamn. Guess you will have to go somewhere else to see a famous baby dipped in water. [Radar Online]
- Ramona Singer's husband had an affair with a "New York society girl" (we still have those?) and got her pregnant. [Page Six]