- There's a rumor circulating that Lady Gaga had her leg amputated, including this "quote": "This is the latest fashion I'm starting... I'm a world leader when it comes to wacky and weird shit." Don't worry: Gaga's legs are intact.
- The story made the rounds today, and was attributed to A Pakistan News, which reported Lady Gaga made the comments "on MTV yesterday whilst hopping around the studio." Her reps haven't commented yet, but at the link E! gives an exhaustive explanation of why the story can't be true... aside from the fact that it's absurd. [A Pakistan News, E!]
- Ah, here's the real explanation: The story was picked up from this article on the satirical U.K. site The Daily Squib. [Associated Content, Daily Squib]
- Despite reports that Lindsay Lohan may be jailed for failing to attend alcohol education classes, Lindsay's lawyer says that, "though there have been occasional weeks when Lindsay has missed her alcohol treatment class, she has always managed to make up the class the following week by attending two classes. For this reason, we contend that Ms. Lohan is in substantial compliance with the conditions of her probation." [Radar]
- Dina Lohan confirmed that she, Lindsay, and Ali are shooting a Mother's Day special that involves rearranging her closet. Dina says she's ignoring Michael Lohan's ultimatums and won't be speaking to him. He released a statement saying, "Michael Lohan loves his daughter Lindsay and stands ready, willing and able to help her any time she needs him, day or night. Our # 1 priority remains to save and protect Lindsay. All legal options in that regard remain open. We hope that Lindsay agrees soon to voluntarily enter an appropriate treatment program." [TMZ]
- Lawyers for Michael Lohan and Lindsay Lohan have agreed to meet next week to discuss the "situation" between them. [Radar]
- A judge has dropped all charges against Mackenzie Phillips from her 2008 drug case because she's successfully completed rehab. In court, she thanked police for arresting her, and while leaving she said of Lindsay Lohan, "I hope she finds the strength within herself to get some help ... I had to go until I had to walk out with handcuffs on and I don't want to see that happen to her." [TMZ]
- An "insider" claims that throughout Coachella Kristin Cavallari "was drinking and partying. I saw her do a line of cocaine." [Us]
- While taping a pre-interview with radio host Kash, Chris Brown screamed at him and walked out of the interview. Later Kash played the interview for listeners saying, "Before we could even get into the interview, homeboy starts yelling at me, wondering why we don't play his records. And I said, Mr Chris Brown... you just don't have any hits and that's just the truth. You don't have any hits right now.' And... from there the whole interview just goes south." Chris is heard saying, "All I'm saying is that you don't play my shit. What number is it (my song) at? It don't matter. Why am I even doing this interview? I ain't doing this shit." [Contact Music]
- Chelsea Handler claims that her sex tape was actually part of a comedy routine, but Radar has posted a still and writes, "It's definitely not a 'stand up' comedy bit, and if it's a routine, it's the most X-rated routine ever performed! [Radar]
- Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry have reportedly worked out a short-term custody agreement for 2-year-old Nahla, and are working on a long-term custody agreement. [TMZ]
- Radar is reporting that Halle Berry agreed to give Gabriel Aubry 50/50 custody, and their home in Canada. Halle put their $5 million Beverly Hills home up for sale when they first decided to split, but now it's off the market. [Radar]
- TMZ says Sandra Bullock would put out her trash right before garbage pickup because if anyone stood next to the can they'd smell dirty diapers. Also there's a photo taken right after the Oscars in which she's taking baby clothes into her home. Exactly why they're pointing out their errors is still unclear. [TMZ]
- In a radio interview today Michelle McGee said she had no idea that Jesse James and Sandra Bullock had adopted a baby. "I was really shocked," she said, adding, "I was like, 'Whoa, what the heck?!'" [Us]
- Peter Lopez, husband of the Dukes of Hazzard's Catherine Bach, was just found dead in their home. It appears he committed suicide by shooting himself. [TMZ]
- Arizona resident Linda Ronstadt has joined a group filing a lawsuit against the state's immigration law. [Christian Science Monitor]
- At the Billboard Latin Music Awards last night, Ricky Martin said Arizona's legislation "makes no sense," adding, "You are not alone. We are with you. Put a stop to discrimination. Put a stop to hate. Put a stop to racism…Long live love, long live peace." [E!]
- Bret Michaels has "no doubt" he'll be able to return to the stage by next month, according to "a source communicating with the singer." [TMZ]
- Bret Michaels' sister Michelle Sychak says "He sounded good — as good as you can when your brain's throbbing. He seems very coherent to me and like he knew what he was saying." [CNN]
- Paris Hilton is dating Jason Shaw, a model whom she dated from 2001 to 2003. She said on Ellen today, "I love him so much. We're very close and I've known him a very long time." [People]
- Paris Hilton went on a $23,414 shopping spree last night, which is particularly sad because it's probably all tacky pink stuff. [TMZ]
- FYI, Donald Trump's wife Melania thinks he's the "sexiest man in the world." [N.Y. Magazine]
- Gabriel Byrne just bought a two-bedroom condo in NYC — right next door to the Gawker Media office. Hubba, hubba. [NYT]
- Jodie Sweetin is expecting her second child. The dad is her new boyfriend, DJ Morty Coyle. Her ex-husband Cody Herpin said, "Raising a child takes a lot of time and patience. Jodie hasn't put in nearly enough time with our own daughter. And now she's having another child!" [Radar]
- Johnny Weir told People he and Evan Lysacek "Are at war," and, "My claws are out." [People]
- Lisa Leslie's son Michael Joseph II was born on April 6, about one month premature. She says, "This was unexpected so I just kept praying, 'Lord he will come in your time, not mine.' I was so uncomfortable but I was determined not to have my baby taken out early for my own selfish reasons. Thank God, it was really MJ's time. He's here and healthy!" [People]
- Jack White says his 4-year-old daughter Scarlett and two-year-old son Henry are "very musical - they're quite funny in how intently they pay attention to things. We listen to old 78rpm records a lot together. I'll show 'em how to wind up the gramophone and they'll put things on. Scarlett really loves Edith Piaf." [Mirror]
- Tom Cruise asked to come backstage and meet Slash before a recent performance and told him, "I'm a big fan, and I just really wanted to meet you." Slash's reaction to the incident: "That has to be one of the weirdest things that has happened to me in at least two weeks. And he's not as short as everybody seems to think." [NYT]
He's not as short as everybody seems to think.
This says more about Slash than about Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise looks like a Ken doll IRL. Tiny man.
Love to know what other weird things have happened to Slash in the past two weeks.