Following Bruce Jenner’s interview with Diane Sawyer, during which Jenner confirmed that he is a transgender woman, Jenner’s children Tweeted and Instagrammed messages of support for their father. (A note on pronouns: Per GLAAD’s, I’m referring to Jenner by his birth name and male pronouns because Jenner has stated a preference for both).
Though Jenner spoke openly about how his children reacted to his decision, Brandon Jenner was the only of his children to speak during the two-hour interview. He shared a sweet photograph of himself and his father with the caption “Proud Son.”
Kylie Jenner acknowledged that although the news had been hard for her, she was still proud of her father.
Kim Kardashian also shared two selfies of her and Bruce. She captioned the first: “Love is the courage to live the truest, best version of yourself. Bruce is love. I love you Bruce.”
Kardashian captioned the second photograph: “It might not always be easy but we support you no matter what! Your honesty has opened the doors for others to be courageous and live an authentic life!#respect #hero #family”
In addition to the messages of love and support sent by Bruce’s family, Laverne Cox, Jazz Jennings, and Janet Mock all praised Jenner’s bravery:
Amber Heard told Indiewire that she chose the role in her upcoming film, When I live My Life Over Again, largely because she’s not “oversexualized” in the movie. Heard said:
“...for me, I fought really hard to find roles that weren’t defined by their sexuality. However, I haven’t, in the reverse, shied away from roles like that.”
She also spoke about the limiting dichotomy of roles for women:
“I’ve been in this business for 12 years or something and it’s incredibly frustrating to be able to just now be trusted or given roles like this because this industry’s very hard on women, because you’re constantly asked to choose between one of two archetypes: sexy or not. And within the ‘not,’ you perhaps can acquire for yourself a few different traits, but they’re going to be severely limited. The story’s not going to be about you.”
- Chris Pratt is still adorable and sweet. When asked about his relationship with Anna Faris, Pratt responded: “Anna and I are meant to be together. Our relationship has made me believe in divine intervention and destiny.” [Us]
- Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller ate a meal together. John Slattery pushed a Citi Bike by the restaurant. [Page Six]
- Aunt Becky (Lori Loughlin) thinks Elizabeth Olson should play Mary-Kate and Ashley in the upcoming Full House. [Us]
- Real Housewife Amber Marchese had surgery to remove a lump from her breast. She is currently waiting on test results to see if her breast cancer has returned. [E!]
- Mark Wahlberg and Diddy made a bet over boxing. [People]
- Mama June will keep “ALL of her options open.” [TMZ]
Images via ABC and Getty.