Kim Kardashian’s company is getting sued for $100 million by a man who claims the selfie queen has ripped off his idea for a light-up cell phone case. From TMZ:
Kim’s company ... Kimsaprincess, Inc. got slapped with the suit Monday — a guy named Hooshmand Harooni says he got a patent back in 2013 for an “integrated lighting accessory and case for a mobile phone device.” If that sounds familiar, that’s because it’s a perfect description of the LuMee.
Setting aside the fact that “Kimsaprincess, Inc” sounds like an offshore shell company, Harooni says the LuMee makes use of the technology he developed for his own product, the Snaplight. The LuMee gained an unfair advantage from its association with Kardashian, and now Harooni wants his due. Which, in his eyes, is a cool $100 million.
This lawsuit comes just a few days after another one from makeup artist Kirsten Kjær Weis, who alleged that Kardashian’s KKW Beauty line is “confusing consumers” by being too close to her own “KW” logo. Weis has declared in court documents that Kardashian’s alleged logo-lift was “knowing, willing, and deliberate.” She’s seeking damages, a halt on Kardashian’s usage of KKW, and related profits.
Jessica Simpson forgot to shave part of her leg, which happens. Then she decided to take a photo and stick it on the internet. And now, I feel oddly compelled to post that photo.
It kinda looks like she’s missed the same spot for quite awhile, and for that, I salute her. I have literally emerged from the shower and realized I have forgotten to shave an entire leg, so I guess I have more in common with Jessica Simpson than I thought. You’d think that revelation would scare me, but in fact, I feel nothing.
- Blake Lively has been “awakened.” [Glamour]
- Whitney Port posted a couple of photos of her new baby, confirming my belief that babies are at their most adorable when bound up like sausages. [Whitney Port]
- RHOC’s Vicki Gunvalson regrets getting her nose and chin done, but only because it didn’t have time to properly heal before the show resumed filming. Let’s hope she doesn’t make the same mistake with her neck lift. [People]
- George and Amal Clooney are launching a new humanitarian project in which they plan to open seven schools in Lebanon for Syrian refugee children. [Vanity Fair]
- Kathy Griffin shaved her head in support of her sister, who is going through chemo. [People]