When we think of the world's most hardworking and industrious celebrities, chances are that Kim Kardashian doesn't immediately spring to mind. Still, Kim klaims that she had to get a job in high school just like everybody else and she's going to insist that her daughter North West do the same.
In an interview with ES Magazine, Kardashian discusses how she had to learn to scrap on the rough and tumble streets of Bel Air:
"I saved up for this Dolce & Gabbana dress I really wanted, or like in high school these Prada shoes that my parents wouldn't buy me...And I remember they were $400, and I had to save for the entire year to get them ... We didn't get anything [from our parents], we had to get a job if we wanted it. So I was working in a clothing store and I would save and save."
It's like something out of a Dickens novel!
Regardless, it's hard to deny that Kim knows how to hustle or get mad at her for wanting to instill a work ethic in her baby daughter:
"I was saying that earlier to my friends, 'I wonder what [North's] first job is gonna be'. And they were like, 'What? She's gonna have a job?' and I was like, 'Are you kidding me? Of course she is'. She will have to work for what she wants."
Maybe she could be the first baby leather leggings designer who is actually a baby.
Get ready to have your day ruined: Katy Perry had to cancel her 30th birthday trip to Egypt over "safety reasons" so it looks like you and the rest of the KP entourage will have to find something else to do for the next three weeks. Maybe an indoor water park? [Billboard]
Kristen Stewart says that she's gonna take a li'l break from acting to follow other creative pursuits.
"I'm taking some time off because I've been working for two years. I'm an actor and that's my art form, and because I started that so young, I've always felt intimidated and insufficient when I think about other forms of art I want to create," she told USA Today. I'm sure we'll be as kind to her as we are to all other famous young women who decide to try something new. [Just Jared]
- Though some reports suggest otherwise, Lindsay Lohan is not trying to date Prince Harry, which is too bad because I would genuinely love to see her with a royal title. [Gossip Cop]
- Teresa Giudice will serve out her 15-month sentence at the same prison that Orange Is the New Black's Litchfield is based on. [US Weekly]
- Dina Manzo has quit the Real Housewives of New Jersey for the second time. Like they say, if you can't flip the table, get outta the kitchen. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Continuing the Bravo portion of today's Dirt Bag, some yahoo said that NeNe Leakes has the worst wigs in the biz. [Style Blazer]
- #Gamergate has doxxed Felicia Day. You know, because it's about ethics in gaming journalism. [ONTD]
- Shailene Woodley will no longer play teens. [MTV]
- One Direction are some very rich teens. [Cosmopolitan]
- Here's Taylor Swift's tracklist for 1989. There are no songs about Olivia Benson on it. [MTV]
- LC got a haircut and it's about as interesting as she is. [Instagram]
- Billy Bob Thornton finally explained the decorative blood vials that he shared with ex wife Angelina Jolie: "She thought it would be interesting and romantic if we took a little razorblade and sliced our fingers, smeared a little blood on these lockets and you wear it around your neck just like you wear your son or daughter's baby hair in one. Same thing. From that we were wearing quart jars of blood around our necks and we were vampires and we lived in a dungeon." Too bad a bunch of sensationalist journalists had to go and ruin a normal couples blood-letting like that. [E!]
Images via Getty.