- In a totally predicable career move, Kim Kardashian has started recording an album. It seems Kim wants to be a pop star, thus proving that she has talent for something other than making sexyface and gabbing about her family.
- Kim is working with The Dream, the man behind Rihanna's "Umbrella" and Beyonce's "Single Ladies." Someone who'se been in the studio declares, "Kim's got a really good voice." [TMZ]
- Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller have filed for divorce. They've been living separately and signed a property settlement in May which stipulates, "Under no circumstances shall the child support paid by Charlie for Bob and Max be less than the child support paid by Charlie to Denise Richards for Sam and Lola." [TMZ]
- Supposedly Brooke was "blindsided" by the filing. Though they'd discussed divorcing yesterday, Brooke thought she'd be the one to file the papers. [Radar]
- Charlie's manager decided to check up on him after reading Radar's report that "sources" think he'll die this week. The manager reported in an email: "Complete bullshit fabricated lies!!! Charlie was alone watching Brett Farve getting beat up by New England. He looked at me like I was nuts for coming into his house. 'Dude, you could have knocked,' he said. Charlie is fine and will be at work on Tuesday... Happy Halloween." [Us]
- A friend says Andy Dick has been talking about suicide and, "Unless he gets help fast then he's going to kill himself, because he is totally out of control just now." [Radar]
- Lindsay Lohan has been trying to reconnect via email with friends she dropped when they told her she was an addict. [TM]
- Oksana Grigorieva's lawyers brought up Hutton Gibson's racist statements during Mel's deposition today to bolster her case that baby Lucia shouldn't be around Mel or her crazy grandpa. [TMZ]
- Amanda Seyfried and Ryan Philippe hooked up on Halloween. They tried to avoid being photographed together while leaving Kate Hudson's party on Saturday, but the paps spotted her leaving Ryan's house on Sunday morning. [E!]
- AnnaLynne McCord and Kellan Lutz: Dunzo. [E!]
- T.I. started serving his 11-month prison sentence today. [CNN]
- Real Housewife Vicki Gunvalson explains why she was hospitalized last week: "Doctors performed a colonoscopy and found several ulcers in the colon that they were able to fix and stop the bleeding." [Us]
- Beyonce will air another prime-time special on Thanksgiving. [AP]
- The line up for launch week of the OWN Network has been announced. It includes shows featuring Oprah regulars as well as Naomi and Wynonna Judd, Ryan and Tatum O'Neal and Carson Kressley. [E!]
- Jessica Capshaw gave birth to a girl named Eve Augusta on October 20. [Us]
- Rosie O'Donnell set up a table with boxes of giant-sized candy bars and let trick or treaters take as much as they wanted. [TMZ]
- Frankly we were expecting more from Suri than a generic princess costume. [ONTD]
- More than 5.3 million people watched The Walking Dead last night, making it AMC's highest-rated premiere ever. [ONTD]
- Slash and his wife Perla Ferrar have reconciled, and filed a request for the court to withdraw their divorce petition. [E!]
- Kendra Wilkinson says her long-distance marriage is, "Awesome. It's not a bad thing. It's actually a great thing... It's a way to step away from everything and actually get a chance to [get to] know each other again." [People]
- Andy Richter says of Jay Leno's low ratings, "I don't want to wish ill will on anybody, but I would be lying to you if I said it didn't feel a little bit fun to hear that-that there wasn't some kind of feeling of reward in that... It is kind of vindicating in a way. I think that one of the reasons we ended up leaving was because of their impatience with us [when Conan O'Brien was host]." [E!]
- The most important question about the Courteney Cox-David Arquette split: How is Jennifer Aniston reacting? Says Courteney: "We just have fun, we laugh, we're inseparable and it's great. It's funny, a lot of really close friends are kind of going through this right now or like Jennifer [who] has gone through it. I don't know what's going on in the planets or what, but things are being shaken up and I don't know what's going to happen, but, yeah, Jennifer has been amazing for sure." [Us]
Jesus Christ. Anyone can be a pop star singer now, eh? At least Justin Bieber can actually sing. I am not sure about Kim here. But that is an easy fix.
To my knowledge, a magical thing called AutoTune, a VST plug-in by Antares was supposed to be a trade secret. You can instantly turn a real crappy singer into a chart-topping "singer" in a matter of weeks if not even days. And then Cher came out with her hit single "Believe" and was brilliant technically because of the vocal effects employed in the song. And then the cat was pretty much out of the bag after that.
You can use this in any DAW (Most likely ProTools since it is hailed as the "industry standard") and do pitch correction where necessary. You can even run the software live if needed.
This article really shows that you don't have to be talented at all to sing well. You just need AutoTune under your belt and you are good to go.
And fool millions of fans at the same time and raking in the money.
Oh and Neil deGrasse Tyson FTW.