Up until, oh, 15 minutes ago, I had plans to enjoy this morning’s Dirt Bag. I was going to lead the blog with a stupid theory about Drake Bell and Josh Peck and weddings and strange shirtless photos and being a pawn in a former Nickelodeon star’s stupid game. But then I learned that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have hired a surrogate to have their third chid and realize it would have to take precedence. This is what the Kardashians are best at, isn’t it? Finding new ways to make you pay attention?
Anyway, I took the bait, so here we are. TMZ reports that the happy couple has hired a surrogate “through an agency” and plan on paying her $45,000 to carry their child to term. (Does that seem low to anyone else, or is it just me?)
Additional terms, per TMZ are as follows:
- If there are multiples, the surrogate gets $5k for each additional kid
- If the surrogate loses reproductive organs, she gets $4,000
Hold up! You’re telling me that a woman who makes millions of dollars a year from her iPhone apps can only pay the woman carrying her child a measly $4,000 if she loses her reproductive organs?! I’m not sure what the going rate for surrogacy is, but it seems like Kim and Kanye are getting a ridiculously good deal. They’d better throw in a significant bonus.
Okay, now we can discuss Drake Bell and Josh Peck. Remember how Bell posted a few (now-deleted) tweets expressing his frustration over not being invited to Peck’s wedding? And how everyone wrote about it, including yours truly? And how, for a brief moment, people seemed to care about Drake Bell and Josh Peck for the first time in nearly a decade?
Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that he caused a fuss because he knew people would write about it, and that it would serve as a perfect amuse-bouche for the main course he released Tuesday: a shirtless spread in Flaunt.
Would we have noticed these strange, desperately sexy photos otherwise? My guess is that we wouldn’t have! Clever Bell.
Rachel Lindsay is not having it!
- Prince Harry revealed he suffered regular panic attacks after the death of his mother. [People]
- Speaking of Kim, she was pregnant when taking that naked selfie. [Us Weekly]
- If you’d like to see a very intimate Lenny Kravitz show just head to the annual Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Gala in St-Tropez. [Page Six]
- Some guy from Love & Hip Hop tried to break the internet by appearing on the cover of Paper. [TMZ]
- Blah blah blah, Chip and Joanna Gaines, blah blah blah, the American dream, blah blah blah, Chip looks very different. [People]
- Click here if you’re interested in Kelly Osbourne’s love life. [Page Six]