Patron saint of poise and conceptual trench coats Kerry Washington spoke at a panel (about herself) at the Paley Center for Media in New York City. The lovely and amazing woman had a lot to say, as would anyone on a panel entitled "She's Making Media: Kerry Washington."
When asked about the government shutdown, she responded:
"I don't know what Olivia would do, but I think in Olivia's world Cyrus would have handled it way before she would have to get involved... I think our president is doing an extraordinary job and I think its really unfortunate that so many people are without work right now at a time where a lot of people can't afford it, and I wish that Congress can be more cooperative."
When asked about her recent wedding, she responded, "I hate keeping secrets; that is the worst thing for me, because I always want to talk about it." But, still, it's none of anyone's business, you nosy fools — she added, "I am really private about my personal life."
In really horrible and devastating news, the final report from the B.C. Ministry of Justice on Cory Monteith's death has just been released. According to the report, the late Glee star died of "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol." The findings confirm that his death was accidental.
According to the report, investigators on the scene found drug paraphernalia in Monteith's hotel room, including "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses." The report also confirms that Monteith's abstinence from using opiates had lessened his tolerance to the drug, increasing its toxicity. So, so tragic and heartbreaking. [Billboard]
The L.A. County district attorney's office will not be pressing charges against Justin Bieber for being a little maniac, spitting in his neighbor's face, consorting with the devil (probably), etc. In an email, the deputy District Attorney confirmed to E! that spitting in a man's face "seems disproportionate and immature"; however, the evidence doesn't show "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the Biebz's actions were criminal.
As Voltaire famously said, "I do not agree with what you do upon the face of your neighbor, but I'll defend to the death your right to do it." [E!]
- The Jackson family lost their bid to hold AEG accountable for Michael Jackson's death. [Bossip]
- Where were you when you learned that Miley Cyrus had thanked Liam Hemsworth in her album liner notes despite no longer being engaged to him? [Just Jared]
- Here's what the inside of Miley's CD looks like in full: an ode to texting, weed, and exposed nipples. [OceanUp]
- Cara Delevingne was tired in an airport. This article does not spend enough time talking about her eyebrow-themed beanie. [Daily Mail]
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Emma Watson were named the sexiest movie stars alive by Empire readers, proving definitively that beautiful alien-lookin' humanoids are superior to the rest of us mortals. [E!]
- Khloe Kardashian is filing for divorce from Lamar Odom, says an exclusive report (some deranged scribblings on the back of a takeout menu penned by a Radar Online employee, probably). [Radar Online]
- Everyone in the world is acting like George Clooney's irksome relative and demanding that the man date his good friend Sandra Bullock. In case you were curious, Clooney affirms that she is party to his "bro code," which renders her un-dateable. [E!]
- Famed sock designer Rob Kardashian says that he doesn't care about Keeping Up With the Kardashians. [ONTD]
- Paris Hilton looks like a sexy chromatic owl on the cover art for her hell-single with Lil Wayne. [ONTD]
- "Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About Having One Too Many Goblets of Fire During His Harry Potter Days!" How do we feel about that joke? I give it a C, I think. [Perez Hilton]
- Cher is so fucking good at Twitter. Delete all Twitter accounts but Cher's. [Perez Hilton]
- Liam Payne, best known as the member of One Direction who is allegedly my soul mate and second best known for being the boring one with the eyebrows, missed his grandpa's funeral because he was on tour. Poor Liam :( [Popcrush]
- THIS TATTOO OF MILEY CYRUS IS HORRIBLE IN SO MANY WAYS. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- I have long been wondering about Ja Rule's whereabouts ever since hearing a false rumor that he worked at a Subway sandwiches in New Jersey. It turns out that he was in prison, but now he's ready to return to acting. I'm relieved to finally know. [Billboard]
- Gwyneth Paltrow is on Instagram now and her only photo so far has a copyright label on it. Gwynnie, nooooooo. [The Cut]
- If you wanted some justification for raizing civilization to the ground and dancing upon its charred remains, here you go: "Celeb Moms Hotter Than Their Daughters." It's in honor of the 10-year-anniversary of the song "Stacy's Mom." Help. [Vh1]