Say good night, Gracie, to Katy Perry's spinning peppermint bra, which has been deemed a liability by her tour insurers. The ban was inspired by a recent wardrobe malfunction, admitted Perry: "My hair got caught in the wheels of my spinning peppermint bra and began to coil around and around. I'm forced to just go with it so, by the end of the song, it looked quite like I was licking my own tit." A lovely eulogy, indeed.
It is survived by a bra shaped like cinema reels, a cupcake bra, and that phallic conical peppermint bra from "California Gurlz" that jizzes cream. RIP [NME]
Supposedly Andrew Garfield and Robert Pattinson can't stand each other, which means that Emma Stone and Kristen Stewart can't bond on double-dates over how totally weird it is to be famous when you're just a normal person who has panic attacks but just happens to sparrrrrkle. "Andrew hates that they're put in the same category because they're both English and around the same age. They don't enjoy hanging out," says the source. "Andrew considers himself a 'serious actor' and sees Rob as the equivalent of a cheesy boy bander because of Twilight."[Us Weekly]
The boyfights continue this morning with Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer, whom you'd think would have been brought together by being pantsless in close proximity in Magic Mike. This is not the case. Supposedly Chay Tates thinks Pettyfer is a diva and a pain in the ass and refuses to do photo shoots with him. Guys—this calls for a walk-off. They're break-dance fighting! [Page Six]
Judge Britney Spears' new X-Factor promo displays a weary, Bogie-esque attitude, in which she dismisses one contestant as "bad to the bone." Briiiiiiiiitttt.
Unsurprisingly, liberal Obama supporter Angelina Jolie is "mortified" by Brad Pitt's mother Jane's super-righty, anti-gay marriage letter printed in a Missouri newspaper. Pitt has advised Jolie in the past not to take his mom's political beliefs seriously, and the two usually try not to talk politics when they're together. Angelina recently asked Brad to have a talk with Jane about how she shouldn't be writing letters like that because it'll be a big media shitshow.
Meanwhile, Jolie's dad Jon Voight weighed in on Jane's side: "Good for her." Haha, what an asshole. [Daily Mail]
- Prince William and Kate Middleton haven't had sex in four months, maybe.[Hollywood Life]
- Amanda Seyfried's ex Dominic Cooper has moved on with another actress named Ruth Negga. [Daily Mail]
- Jessica Simpson turned 32 and her daughter Maxwell wore a tiny Fendi dress. [People]
- Joshua Jackson is not freaked out by girlfriend Diane Kruger's upcoming onscreen kiss with another woman. [Monsters and Critics]
- Sienna Miller's new baby's full name is Marlowe Ottoline Layng Sturridge. [People]
- Johnny Depp is gonna voice Edwards Scissorhands on Family Guy.. I DO NOT GET YOU, JOHNNY DEPP. [TMZ]
- Peter O'Toole is retiring. [Express]
- Chris Martin messed up a Coldplay song and told concert-goers: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I completely fucked it up. Let's start again. I'm so sorry. I was thinking about something else and I shouldn't have been." He then added with chagrin that it was going to be on YouTube. It is! :D [Express]
- Jessica Biel admits that Justin Timberlake has "better taste" than she does. [NYDN]
- Bryan Cranston autographed a picture of a fan's fibroid cyst one time. ("It had just been removed from her lady-parts.") [HuffPo]
- Chris Brown's new album is somehow #1 on the Billboard 200?! How? Did you buy it? [HuffPo]
- "Put that fucking cockatoo away," PETA tells Cee-Lo. [TMZ]
- Adele dropped a few thousand bones on a nursery. [Monsters And Critics]
- You may have heard Eddie Murphy died in a snowboarding accident but you heard wrong. [OMG]
- Penelope Cruz might be pregnant again with Javier Bardem's baby, which means they have had sex at least twice. She's slept with Javier Bardem twice. In other news, this seems like a good time to repost that picture of me crying and eating Cheez-Its simultaneously. [Hello Magazine]