Earlier this week, “Chained to the Rhythm” singer and shoe salesperson Katy Perry posted a number of unflattering photos of herself to Instagram. In one (from 1999), she sat at an old desk in a sports bra, looking content, though a little disheveled. In another, we see a closeup of her contorted face during a massage. Not long after posting those less-than-glam-but-still-a-firework photos, however, she shared this:
In case it wasn’t clear, this is a screenshot from a Safari browser on iOS that has just searched for the term “katy perry hot,” meaning Katy Perry searches for hot images of herself on Google when she’s “feeling insecure.”
I tried this myself, and found nothing but an old profile photo (not a hot one), scores of images I’d never seen before, and three photos of an old coworker. Guess this method doesn’t work for everyone!
Below is a list of hashtags used in a recent Instagram posted by Mel B’s sister that reference the singer’s estranged husband (and alleged abuser), Stephen Belafonte.
Hmmm, I wonder how she feels about him!
*Aimee Mann’s “Save Me” begins playing*
- I’m living for this Daryl Hall v. Pawling, NY drama. An angry resident told Page Six, “In fact, he doesn’t even live here.” [Page Six]
- Madonna’s pettiness will always surprise me. [Us Weekly]
- Three of Tom Bergeron’s 25 Things are about his terrible temper. [Us Weekly]
- Bury me in dy-no-mite! [Page Six]
- Lip syncing is dangerous? I guess? [Celebitchy]