Kate Upton, Soo Joo Park, Senait Gidey, Irina Shayk, a passel of baby tigers, and one baby gibbon co-star in Carine Roitfeld's first editorial for Harper's Bazaar. Richard Prince reference ahoy. [The Cut]
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are in a Nordstrom bridal ad. [YouTube]
- Beyoncé is now an honorary co-chair of the Met Ball. [WWD]
- J.C. Penney's largest shareholder, hedge fund manager William Ackman, is no longer publicly championing C.E.O. Ron Johnson, whose vision for the retail chain have met with resistance from customers. The “criticism is deserved,” Ackman said, arguing that Johnson's plans to permanently cut prices while ending constant "sales" and turn the retailer into a store-of-stores dotted with little boutiques should have been tested more extensively before rolling out to the whole chain. [Reuters]
- Breaking: Roberto Cavalli thinks Karl Lagerfeld "looks ridiculous." Pot, meet zebra-print-studded-denim-covered kettle. [Telegraph]
- Diane Kruger is going to be the next face of Chanel cosmetics. [WWD]
- A new fashion magazine called System is launching in May with a cover story about former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquière. [T]
- Courtney Love talks about Kevyn Aucoin, YouTube makeup tutorials, and her favorite cosmetics in this interview (including a Korean mask that makes her skin feel "like I just had sex for four days.") [Into The Gloss]
- Pierre Bergé has criticized one of the two Yves Saint Laurent biopics currently in production. Bergé, who was the late designer's longtime business and romantic partner, is backing one of the movies; Kering, the luxury conglomerate that owns the Saint Laurent brand, has thrown its weight behind the other. [Vogue UK]
- Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady are reportedly shopping for an apartment in the West Village. [P6]
- Gucci just bought a bankrupt Italian ceramics factory, which probably heralds a foray into Gucci-branded dishes and plates. [WWD]
- After suffering broken bones in a second skiing accident, Diane von Furstenberg turned up at her own event with one arm in a sling and announced to the crowd, "I will never. Go skiing. Again." [Style.com]
- Joe Fresh founder Joe Mimran says he makes mistakes "every season":
I make them every season. As long as I only make a certain percentage. There’s no such thing as a perfect buy, whoever tells you that they do a perfect buy is full of malarkey as far as I’m concerned. I think you just gotta make more right calls than bad calls. But you can’t be afraid to make the call either. I think being afraid to make the call or trying to look to history to make your call alone is what will get you into trouble.
- Lilly Pulitzer has died. The designer was 81. [WWD]
- And now, a moment with A$AP Rocky. A$AP, how do you feel about makeup, girls, and "being real"?
You girls don’t understand how much you mess up your skin. You can’t help it, but make-up is the worst thing you can do to your skin. I love girls natural, but I don’t mind make-up. There’s nothing wrong with it, there’s really nothing wrong with it. See, guys like us we just like—well me, I only speak for myself, but guys like me, I’m used to normal. I’m used to real. Like yeah, your shit is going to stink, you’re real, you know? You piss, you bleed, you laugh, you cry—you’re human. So makeup is just like an artificial expression if you ask me. When it’s time to get all dazzled up or you’re going out, then fine. I like red lips, it’s fine. I’m going to be real, though: it’s bad for making out, because it gets on the guys. But for real, for me, I feel like with the red lipstick thing it all depends on the pair of complexion. I’m just being for real. You have to be fair skinned to get away with that. Just like if you were to wear like—f*cking for instance, what do dark skin girls have that you know fair skinned girls cant do… Purple lipstick? Naw, that looks stupid on all girls! Purple lipstick, guys! Like, what the f*ck.