Hark, a child is born! Kate Middleton gave birth to a daughter early this morning. According to the palace, the still unnamed princess was delivered at 8:43 a.m. As Kate labored (or, laboured) for the nation, Prince Will was present. A palace spokesperson confirmed that both Kate and her eight pound, three ounce daughter are healthy.
A few hours ago, the royal family made it official and, following tradition, placed the birth announcement on an easel in front of Buckingham Palace.
While Will and Kate have yet to announce the baby’s name, Ladbrokes has the best odds on Alice and Charlotte. So now we all eagerly await until the royal couple chooses a name, godparents, and makes the obligatory “leaving the hospital” appearance. What will Kate wear? Will she look like a woman who just had a baby? Will Prince Will drop the new baby? What will Harry do? Who knows! The possibilities are endless.
But we can assume there will be more of this kind of thing:
- People has already revealed a startling fact about royal baby number two: She shares a birthday with David Beckham. What does it mean? Probably that David Beckham’s birthday is ruined. He turns 40 today. [People]
- Prince Charles and Camilla are “delighted” over the birth. [E!]
- E! wants to you meet other famous couples who have two children, just like Will and Kate! Wow. [E!]
- Robert Downey Jr. says that making indie films is “exhausting.” [Page Six]
- Newly single Hilary Duff is filming a reality show about dating and Tinder. [Just Jared]
- Brandi Glanville says Kim Richards is doing really well after her arrest. [Us Weekly]
- Married at First Sight’s Jamie Otis changed her last name as a “final sign of commitment” to her new husband Doug Hehner. [People]
- Mickey Rourke can’t stop having plastic surgery. [Page Six]
- B.B. King confirmed that he is in “in home hospice” care following his recent hospitalization. [Us Weekly]