Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second child. Put in appropriately enthusiastic terms: THERE'S A SECOND ROYAL BABY ON THE WAY!!!!!!
Per an official Facebook post from The British Monarchy: "Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child." The British Monarchy also adds that "the Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news." Yes, yes, quite.
In addition, as with her last pregnancy, Kate Middleton is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum; she's reportedly being treated at Kensington Palace and will no longer travel for various Royal Duties. Although palace officials won't announce her due date, a spokeswoman said that the Duchess has not yet passed the 12-week mark in her pregnancy. [E!]
Because humans are a fanciful and inquisitive species, betting has already begun on the unborn baby's future name. The nominal front runners are Henry or Elizabeth. I am betting Kale. [Washington Post]
Miley Cyrus attended Alexander Wang's Fashion Week after party clad in ice cream cone-shaped pasties, sunglasses adorned with various pills, and earrings that were shaped like marijuana leaves (Miley Cyrus loves weed). Miley Cyrus is very serious about fun and also about prompting gossip websites to ponder, "Is This Miley Cyrus' Raciest Outfit Yet?". [Daily Mail]
As is his wont, Kanye West went on a lengthy monologue about a topic in the middle of a concert in Australia. This time, he talked about his baby! It was sweet! (Also about the meaning of life.)
Quoth Kanye: "You know, I have no complaints, I feel so happy, just to hold my daughter in my arms and see the greatest creation that I needed God and my wife to help me with. And everything I did up until this point is really just to have a family and at that point I understood what life is about. What's the meaning of life? Life itself. To see a life. To watch it grow right in front of you." [Bossip]
- Joan Rivers' funeral was "everything she hoped it'd be" — everyone who offered a tribute was specifically asked to be funny; the Gay Men's Chorus did show tunes; celebrities and paparazzi abounded (which she previously said she wanted). [Page Six]
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin have revealed that they're getting married in Venice in a couple of weeks. [E!]
- Here are some photos of Rihanna looking like a goddess at NYFW. She is wearing a tassel-y blazer over underwear, as the fashion crowd does. [ONTD]
- The behatted incubus known as Justin Bieber briefly attached itself to Selena Gomez's face inside of a shopping mall in Toronto. [ONTD]
- Niall from One Direction had a birthday party because he is turning 21 on September 13. Everyone wore masks of his face (which is, coincidentally, what everyone will be doing at my birthday party as well). [ONTD]
- Kendall Jenner continues to be a successful model, as evidenced by these photos of her walking in the Diane von Furstenberg show, looking really cool and trendy with a center part (a true hallmark of being a successful model). [E!]
- She is also on the cover of Sunday Times Style with Balmain designer Olivier Rousteing. The photos of her are decorated with hashtags that laud her style, via portmanteaus that contain the prefix "insta." Social media is trending!!! And fashion is ON IT. [Cosmo]
- Lindsay Lohan is being sued for stealing the idea a virtual closet app. I tried reading about the specifics of the case but it was too boring, so hopefully this tale will be adapted into The Social Network 2 and I can learn all about it then. [Gossip Cop]
- Benedict Cumberbatch wore a Kangol hat. [Just Jared]
Images via Getty and Instagram.