A day after hackers published full-frontal nude pics of Justin Bieber on ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez’s Instagram account, the singer’s package is in the news once more, this time for medically pertinent reasons. Like all good gossip, this latest story has a twist, and like all great gossip, it’s testicular in nature.
TMZ reported on Tuesday that back in May Bieber checked into an emergency room in Long Island, New York. At the conclusion of his hospital visit, a staffer named Kelly Lombardo was fired for allegedly accessing the star’s medical file after believing rumors he’d been admitted to treat an STD. Now Lombardo has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit, claiming that though she had heard the rumors, she never looked up Bieber’s file.
Sources told TMZ that Bieber’s hospital visit had nothing to do with STD suspicions, that the singer in fact freaked himself out on WebMD after suffering a soccer-related injury to the groin and self-diagnosing his ensuing discomfort as a twist in his spermatic cord, known as “testicular torsion.”
After an examination, doctors allegedly informed Bieber that he was only suffering from garden-variety swollen balls. And if you at home are suffering from imagining what Justin Bieber’s swollen balls might look like, I believe this advice, while not perfectly suited, will still do in a pinch.
Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are reportedly in couple’s therapy, for the sake of their son.
A source told People, “They are going through couples counseling now, which is what you do when you want to divorce and there are children involved…. It won’t likely change the status but it could help with their future coparenting.”
Call me quaint, but sometimes I do appreciate it when a source sounds like one of the first search results for “Is couples therapy right for me?” and not some vindictive voyeur beckoning drama.
Enter the second source, who told People, “Chris is in demand now and will continue to be traveling all over the world, keeping them apart. That doesn’t make young marriages fare well.”
That Pratt’s so hot right now, etc etc.
Per Jack Osbourne’s pregnant wife Lisa’s cell phone case: yes, I believe it is possible to OD on “chill pills.” Aside from the caption and the case, she looks aglow and the news is surely joyous.
- Finance experts are calling Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s decision to take out a massive mortgage on their new $88 million house a potentially prudent business decision. [BI]
- Michael Phelps and his wife Nicole are also expecting a baby (their second), and not a burrito. [THR]
- Here are some Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne wedding pics. [TMZ]
- I guess fragrance ads are just eternally silly. [Vogue]
- That diamond bath in the video for the bad Taylor Swift song that’s filled with inane references to Taylor Swift’s personal grudges so you’ll click on it a gazillion times was worth more than $10 million. [Page Six]
- I’d say the outfit I’m wearing right now is more “pajama inspired”—in that it is a random assortment of comfy garments and I happen to be in bed—than Victoria Beckham’s new “look,” which is literally a set of pajamas. [Page Six]
- Looking forward this Marc Webb-directed feature based on the life of former Westboro Baptist Church member Megan Phelps-Roper (with screenplay adapted from Adrian Chen’s crazy good New Yorker article on the subject, and Phelps-Roper’s forthcoming memoir)! [THR]
Correction: a previous version of this post mischaracterized how the photos of Bieber were published. Jezebel regrets the error.