During a charmingly goofy Twitter Q&A in which the world learned that Jay-Z had a childhood love affair with Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries, Hova was asked about some lyrics from his song "Somewhere In America" off Magna Carta Holy Grail: "Feds still lurking, They see I'm still putting work in/Cause somewhere in America, Miley Cyrus is still twerkin', ha!"
"Do you really think Miley is still twerking somewhere in America?" asked one user. "yes! she is an old worlds worst nightmare," replied Jay-Z, and added "Black neighbor, and the daughter not seeing color."
Naturally, Miley's favorite hobby has not gotten the seal of approval by everybody, and his comments provoked a firestorm of accusations about the racial appropriation of "ratchet culture." Miley's response:
Mariah Carey was rushed to a hospital after dislocating one of Dem Shoulders on the set of her new music video for a remix of "#Beautiful," her summer jam with Miguel that unfortunately clinches the ubiquity of hashtags. The video, directed by Nick Cannon, had Mariah cavorting around Chelsea in Manhattan and speculation is that she may have "tripped and fallen." = Journalism. [NY Post]
Speaking of which, Rihanna was drunkity drunk drunk drunk at a Polish music festival where her buddy Miguel was performing with Kings of Leon, and she was ejected from the venue for being utterly and completely bombed. She was accompanied by her assistant and her best friend, who both appeared just as shitfaced as she was. And so it goes. [The Grape Juice]
Also, Rihanna annoyed Denmark when she showed up late and drunk to a concert. Doesn't she know the Danes knife you while you hide behind curtains? [Radar Online]
Nigella Lawson is reportedly "devastated" by the divorce procedures instigated by Charles Saatchi in the wake of the Evening Standard choking photo incident — it blindsided her, says a source. "She moved out, she needed a break, she needed to think, to be apart from him, but in no terms did they break up or even discuss the D-word. She didn't expect him to pull this move. There were a lot of things wrong with their relationship, but Nigella was always hopeful that they could fix things, that he would change, that they could get along without arguing." [Us Weekly]
- Amanda Bynes claims one of the arresting officers in Bonggate 2013 "slapped her vagina." [TMZ]
- Now you, yes YOU, can buy some of Hulk and Linda Hogan's old shit on eBay. [TMZ]
- Donald Glover will only appear on 5 of the 13 episodes of the upcoming season of Community. [Vulture]
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger went boating in Italy on their ROCK N ROLL AS FUQ honeymoon. [Us Weekly]
- Farrah Abraham got tossed out of rehab for being "disruptive." [Radar Online]
- Lea Michele wore a bikini. [Us Weekly]
- Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston walked around during rumors that they'd broken up. [Us Weekly]
- Cameron Diaz looked for something horrid-sounding called "sprouted bread." [Page Six]
- Lauryn Hill is in prison. [Page Six]
- Apparently George Clooney and Stacy Keibler split because she wanted babies and he did norrrrrt. [NYDN]
- Some drunk guy passed out at Paris Hilton's Independence Day party and they dressed him in a bikini. [TMZ]
- Stellan Skarsgaard might join the cast of Cinderella. [THR]
- Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively want to have all the babies. [NYDN]
- Nick Lachey wishes Jessica Simpson the best. [E!]
- Brad Pitt is jealous of Matt Damon's privacy, Damon told Esquire. [Gossip Cop]
Lede images via Twitter and Pacific Coast News.