- British reality TV star Jade Goody, 27, died in her sleep early this morning after a highly publicized battle with cervical cancer. "My beautiful daughter has gone to sleep, has gone," her mother said. [People]
- Prime Minister Gordon Brown praised Goody for her attempts to educate the public about cervical cancer: "'She will be remembered fondly by all who knew her and her family can be extremely proud of the work she has done to raise awareness of cervical cancer, which will benefit thousands of women across the UK," Brown says. [DailyMail]
- After seven and a half years of dating, Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart are engaged. [People]
- In more wedding news, singer Natasha Bedingfield married Matt Robinson on Saturday. "We are now very much looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together," Bedingfield says, "Love is hard to find, so when you do find it, hang on to it!" [USWeekly]
- In even more wedding news, Bruce Willis is set to marry model Emma Heming today. Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, and Madonna are all expected to attend the ceremony. [USWeekly]
- Mischa Barton, however, is not a fan of marriage: "I'm not a huge fan of marriage. It puts too much pressure on the relationship. People try harder until they're married and then you see a lot of relationships fall apart because it's the last step. There's nothing left," Barton says, "Whoever is going to be the father of my children I'll probably inevitably marry - but that's not on the cards any time soon."[ShowbizSpy]
- Taylor Swift has a similar view on things: "I actually do not have a boyfriend. I'm completely single," Swift says, "I think meeting someone in that way is a worry for anyone in my position. You meet someone and you can't help but be worried that they just want to date the person they see on TV.
They are not really bothered about the real person. I think that's a curse for any relationship. But I'm not worried. It's not my big goal in life to get hitched and have a family. If I find someone really awesome I will think about it then." [ShowbizSpy]
- Kate Moss threw a fit when she realized she had to wait in line for the bathroom at a club. "She barged into the ladies and when she realised there were no cubicles free she starting kicking one of the doors, shouting: ‘Hurry up or I'll kick the f***ing door down,'" says a source. "The female toilet attendant told her to calm down and offered her some tissue paper to use when it was her turn, but Kate threw it back at her, saying, ‘I don't want any of your skanky toilet roll'." [The Sun]
- Madonna's nanny attempted to quit, but Madonna decided to fire her before her notice was up: "The rumor is that Madonna was furious that Angela was leaving and dismissed her before she had the chance to complete her full notice," says a source, "All Madonna's employees work incredibly long hours, so it's no surprise that Angela had had enough. If you work for Madonna you are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There's no such thing as a weekend." [ShowbizSpy]
- Michael Jackson is thinking of adopting another child. [DailyExpress]
- Robert Pattinson is looking for a soul mate, but not anytime soon: "I guess it would be quite scary to find a soul mate when you're young because you're probably going to mess it up," Pattinson says, "I remember there was a girl I was totally obsessed with for about 10 years, I never ever spoke to her. I think that's the best type of love. Then when I finally told her she was like, 'You've never spoken to me in my whole life. You've only spoken to me about three times and never said anything nice'."[ShowbizSpy]
- Pete Doherty, who prefers to be called "Peter," still can't talk much about his breakup with Kate Moss: "I really shouldn't talk about it," Doherty says, "Because really and truly, I miss her. And I'd like to speak to her. But the first part of speaking to her probably would be just not to talk about her. And that's one thing I've got to learn. But I need to talk to people so badly about it, because it's something that's so confusing for me still. But I can't. Because the only person really I can talk to would be her." [Guardian]
- Anne Hathaway is reportedly in talks to play Judy Garland in an upcoming biopic. [TheInsider]
- "As a feminist (you know, one of those people Lady GaGa thinks are so angry), I shouldn't watch Rock of Love. But as a fallible human being who craves amazing entertainment, I can't not watch it."- Diablo Cody [EW]
27. Jesus. That's too damn young.