Like the Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr of pop music, Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez brought their nearly two-decade-long feud to Sunday night’s Billboard Music Awards.
Shots (...of attitude) were fired when Lopez, sitting in the highly visible front row of the theater, chose to scroll through her phone instead of watching Carey’s performance of “Infinity.” At the end of the song, J.Lo, looking infinitely bored, clapped politely and refused to smile.
The pair’s feud goes back to 1998, when Sony had both Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez record the same song (”Do You Know Where You’re Going To”) and reached its peak in 2000, when Tommy Mottola (Sony executive and Carey’s ex-husband) leaked to Lopez that Carey was planning on sampling the disco song “Firecracker” on an upcoming single, “Loverboy.” Then Lopez and her producers stole the idea and used a “Firecracker” sample on “I’m Real.” They’ve been trading insults and highly gif-able moments ever since.
Thank you for maintaining status quo, ladies. It’s like watching early-aughts TRL all over again.
Blair Waldorf and Seth Cohen are having a baby! Leighton Meester “stepped out” and “showed off her growing belly in a tight gray t-shirt” (i.e. walked outside, was pregnant) in L.A. this week, confirming her hitherto under-wraps pregnancy. She and Adam Brody married in February of last year and this will be their first child together. [POPSUGAR]
Today in Stars Are Just Like Us, Leonardo DiCaprio and Paris Hilton got in a bidding war at a Cannes charity event over a 10,000-euro Chanel bag. Don’t you hate it when that happens? Like you go to Cannes, heart set on bringing home at least one 10,000-euro Chanel bag, but then Leonardo DiCaprio shows up and outbids you for it? And suddenly you’re stuck at Cannes with ZERO 10,000-euro Chanel bags? The good news, I suppose, is that we all get to go back to Cannes and bid on more 10,000-euro Chanel bags next year. [Page Six]
- Here are the aged and sculpted abs of New Kids on the Block. [Just Jared]
- Amanda Seyfried developed a heart-eyes emoji for boyfriend Justin Long by following him on Instagram. [US Weekly]
- Before Chris Pratt was famous, “Actors came up and blatantly hit on my wife [Anna Faris] in front of me and didn’t even look at me. I’m like ‘What the fuck, dude?’” [Gossip Cop]
- Josh Brolin and Kathryn Boyd are engaged and—news to me—Josh Brolin and Diane Lane are divorced. [THG]
- The BET awards are “bogus,” says Azealia Banks. [Gossip Cop]
- Lady Gaga’s wedding dress will be Vera Wang. [ONTD]
- Exercise, laughter and fuuuuuuuckin’ are the key tenants to a happy life, according to Gwyneth Paltrow. [People]
Photos via Getty.
Contact the author at email@example.com.