Did Lil Wayne retire from rap via early morning tweet? Hmmm.
Weezy has been saying he’s dun for a couple of years now, thanks to escalating hostility with Cash Money Records’ Birdman. Complex has a pretty comprehensive timeline of events, but suffice to say things got ugly enough that threats were made on Lil Wayne’s life.
The Daily News reports that police showed up to the rapper’s Miami home following reports of a shooting, a call that ultimately turned out to be a hoax.
A few hours later, Lil Wayne re-emerged on Twitter to assure fans that he’s alright. What will become of the two new albums he promised just a few short months ago is less clear.
Burning Man, an annual gala in which celebrities and techpreneurs gather in dusty unity to drop molly and growth hack, is once again underway. Paris Hilton is there! Cara Delevingne is there! Katy Perry is there, wearing a furry pink surgical mask that looks like it was snatched from the jaws of a toddler.
“AlivE,” she writes, the yarn whipping in her hair. At least til the bugs come!
- Jerry Heller, N.W.A’s early manager and highly divisive figure, died of a heart attack on Friday night. He was 75. [THR]
- Towanda Braxton filed for divorce from her husband, Andre Carter, “even though they were in an open marriage.” [Bossip]
- “So this is the bar in my bathroom, you’ll notice the alligator marble. I like to entertain,” he added. [Just Jared]
- Drake Bell will go to jail for precisely 96 hours. [Just Jared]
- Mary-Kate Olsen has more wedding rings (and horses) than you. [People]
- Tyga lost another car to the Man. [TMZ]