So, it looks like my entire Twitter timeline is trying to jump Chuck Todd?
- Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller testified before the House Oversight Committee Wednesday and said that his investigation did not exonerate the president, and that a president could be reasonably charged with obstruction of justice once out of office. Cool. It would be cooler if that changed absolutely anything. Instead, Republicans are still in a heady glow of denial, Democrats are mad at MSNBC’s Chuck Todd for saying some stuff, my mom’s Mueller Time mug probably wishes it was never taken out of retirement, everyone is fighting, and even humoring an impeachment process is a pipe dream. [Associated Press]
- The impeachment process has begun, however, against Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló. [NBC News]
- Joe Biden is worried that Kamala Harris is scooping up the black vote leading up to the 2020 Democratic primaries. [Politico]
- A federal judge blocked a series of abortion restrictions in Arkansas, which included a rule the judge said virtually “prohibits nearly all abortions before viability.” [CNN]
- Trans people can use bathrooms corresponding with their gender identity in federal facilities in North Carolina, according to a new settlement stemming from the very fucked up 2016 “bathroom bill.” The settlement is a narrow victory, though: trans people are still not able to use their preferred bathrooms in schools or most other public venues. [WRAL]
- A United States citizen is finally going home after spending three fucking weeks in ICE custody. [Dallas News]
- In more fucked up news, thousands of unaccompanied migrant children could be detained indefinitely. [CBS News]
- The United States is allegedly spying on border activists. [Guardian]
- A new study shows that thousands of deaths could have been avoided if every state expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. Great. [Vox]
- There was a very lopsided vote on a House bill condemning the BDS movement. Here’s a list of the rare lawmaker who voted against it. [Washington Post]
This has been Barf Bag.