Thanks to Johnny Depp’s former business managers being told in court to reframe their argument about the actor’s flagrant spending habits, we now have a more detailed record of stuff that Depp spent his money on.
We’ve already learned plenty we probably didn’t need or want to know about Depp’s gross expenditures over the course of this legal saga that began in January when Depp sued his former business managers, The Management Group, for $25 million, alleging fraud and misconduct of various kinds. For instance, TMG’s cross-complaint filed later that month reported that Depp spent $2 million a month. He reached that enormously wasteful sum by doing stuff like spending $30,000 a month on wine, so the lawsuit alleged.
On Thursday the Hollywood Reporter published details of a second amended cross-complaint, including that Depp spent more than $500,000 on renting out storage warehouses to safe-keep items such as a $7,000 couch from Keeping Up With the Kardashians that was meant to be a gift for his daughter, Lily-Rose Depp.
There are also several island-related expenses. Eventually Depp stopped making those payments.
Folks, don’t buy a private island unless you can afford the upkeep! Let this be a lesson to you all.
Tina Knowles Lawson keeping it in the family as she sings along to granddaughter Blue Ivy’s verse on son-in-law Jay-Z’s new album 4:44, accompanied by her grandson Julez (Solange Knowles’s son).
Here are some texts that Naomi Watts and David Lynch sent to each other.
I like “I’m going to serve you your ass.”
- Channing Tatum got Halle Berry drunk at Comic-Con. [TMZ]
- Behold, the birthday party for Stephen Curry’s five-year-old daughter, Riley Curry. [E! News]
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson have their eyes on a $9 million LA home that features a basketball court, sauna, private gym, putting green and…a lot of other shit that fit people like. [TMZ]
- Michael Shannon is joining the cast of the new David O. Russell movie that’s already got Robert De Niro and Julianne Moore attached. [Variety]
- Lea Michele has a new boyfriend who works in fashion. His name: Zandy Reich. His game: shuffleboard. [Page Six]
- This isn’t really gossip, but for some reason People is featuring an Instagram post Ina Garten did about how to make guacamole that stays fresh longer. (You squeeze a lemon on it.) This has been a public service, thanks for reading!! [People]