In a report that Harvey Weinstein’s rep calls “absurd” and Jezebel’s Bobby Finger calls “honestly sort of believable,” it was rumored that Weinstein, an accused rapist and serial sexual harasser, believes his recent fall from feared member of the Hollywood elite to toxic cultural pariah has made him a “savior” who could potentially “change the world.”
An unnamed source told Page Six that Weinstein has been overheard saying “that he was born to take the fall for his behavior in order to ‘change the world’” and that he has “resigned to his punishment as a martyr for social change.”
Meanwhile, the Producers Guild of America has banned him for life in what they call an “unprecedented step” for their organization. In a statement, they wrote, “Sexual harassment can no longer be tolerated in our industry or within the ranks of Producers Guild membership.”
At no point in their statement did they refer to Weinstein as a martyr.
Don’t miss November’s issue of Vanity Fair, because cover stars Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez are a “real-life Mad Max battling ISIS.” I mean, no, that’s someone else. They’re just “J-ROD!” In any case it’s a great photo (by Mario Testino), and they don’t typically do anything for me.
This glimpse into Kim Kardashian’s Instagram spon process is fascinating.
- Stranger Things’s Charlie Heaton is sorry he brought coke into the US, and I’m sorry for watching Stranger Things S2. [People]
- “It’s becoming more popular to be outspoken” is an interesting, funny little sentiment. [Celebitchy]
- Meghan Markle is NOT pregnant, and Gossip Cop wants you to know it! [Gossip Cop]
- LFO’s Devin Lima was diagnosed with Stage 4 adrenal cancer. [E! Online]
- Read the headline, then the first comment. [ONTD]
- Selena Gomez: Absolutely fine [People]