Singer and new parent Halsey found some time during her child’s nap time on Wednesday to let Allure know exactly how they felt about a recent cover story and interview featuring the artist. According to E!, the since-deleted tweets railed against the outlet for only using “she” to refer to Halsey throughout the piece despite being told by the star that they identify as she/they; as she said on social media in March, they prefer to be addressed with both pronouns. “First your writer made a focal point in my cover story my pronouns and you guys deliberately disrespected them by not using them in the article,” Halsey reportedly wrote.
The Allure piece was a lengthy feature on Halsey’s experience with pregnancy and their journey to stardom in the lead-up to the release of Halsey’s next album, If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power. The story was published on July 13 and by the following day, Allure had acknowledged their mistake and stated the piece would be re-edited to include both of Halsey’s pronouns. The changes are now present in the piece, however, there appears to be no note highlighting that a correction had been made from the original version.
But it seems none of that matters now, as Halsey claimed she wouldn’t be doing any more press, tweeting, “#NoMorePress goodbye.”
- Scooter Braun is getting divorced. [TMZ]
- Unlike her ex-husband, Anna Faris chose not to make a production out of her second marriage and eloped. [People]
- The mother of dragons, Emilia Clarke, will be bringing her parenting skills to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. [People]
- Margot Robbie also dated a man who was obsessed with John Cena. I feel you sis! [E!]
- Remember that giant gold pigeon Lady Gaga wore to the inauguration? Well, now you can also wear a giant bird for the low price of *checks notes* $800! [Vogue]
- Bury Tom Brady on a football field. [People]