Girls' actress Gaby Hoffmann wants you to know she enjoyed eating placenta after the birth of her new baby, thank you very much.
Hoffmann, 32, and her boyfriend Chris Dapkins welcomed their daughter Rosemary into the world on Nov. 19. Then she feasted for weeks on the placenta. People got to the bottom of this placenta eating story. Thank you, People:
"Placenta, placenta, placenta. Just eat that s— up, and it does a girl good!" Hoffmann, who guest-stars as Adam's out-there sister in the hit series, told PEOPLE, noting it boosted her energy and milk supply...."You don't taste [it]," she explains.
"I made smoothies out of it for three weeks. I had a home birth, so my midwife and my doula took it and cut it up into 20 pieces and froze it, and every day, I put it in a blender with strawberries and blueberries and guava juice and a banana, and I drank that s— up."
Hmm, I wonder if that's something you could get off the secret Jamba Juice menu? I can't wait to go in there next time and ask them to whip me up a blueberry placenta milkshake.
Everyone, say it with me: Placenta, placenta, placenta!
- Did you really think Taylor Swift was dating Bradley Cooper? Really? Reaaaaaaaaaaally? Really. [E Online]
- I told you it was Celebrity Wedding Season. Ludacris married his longtime girlfriend Eudoxie Mbouguiengue because "why wait?" he said. [Instagram]
- Nicole Kidman doesn't want to take any goddamn pictures with you nuts, OK? Be like Elsa and let it go. [E Online]
- Nick and Vanessa Lachey welcomed their second babeh, a girl. Her name is Brooklyn Elizabeth. [Daily Mail]
- I am sad because this is the headline about Daryl Hall I have wanted to write my whole life. I guess I still have my dreams of working "Maneater" into some Hall and/or Oates related news one day. [TMZ]
- Charlie Sheen is sorry, y'all. [Radar]
- Really, this is a good thing for you, Kevin Jonas. [News-Leader]
- No, no Rita Ora isn't just trying to be a clone of Rihanna or Beyonce? Hmm, why do you ask? [Perez Hilton]
Here is a write-up on Jennifer Aniston's In Style feature telling people YET AGAIN that she is not pregnant and doesn't need to talk about it and will let you know when she's having a baby and not some tabloid GODDAMMIT PLEASE OK? And this is the ad that showed up to go along with the post:
You just can't win. [Gossip Cop]
Image via AP Images.