Though his sitcom Last Man Standing was canceled by ABC after six seasons and 130 episodes way back in May, Tim Allen has not stopped letting everyone who’ll listen know that he’s pissed off. Though ABC has claimed that the show was simply too expensive due to a complicated “ownership structure,” Allen remains convinced that it was his personal politics—not his show’s price—that put the final nail in the coffin.
As reported by THR, Allen had the following to say on a recent episode of Norm Macdonald Live (emphasis mine):
“I always wanted Last Man Standing to be like Archie Bunker. Archie Bunker pushed boundaries, but Carroll O’Connor was not that guy at all. I am a version of that guy. But there is nothing more dangerous, especially in this climate, than a funny, likable conservative character. He is mitigated on the show by a family of women who had a difference of opinions, but [Mike Baxter] was a likable guy and a principled guy about work and ethics and all this stuff, I think.”
Oh Tim, you are not a victim, and it’s a little sad that you will never understand that. Where’s Wilson when you need him?
Lisa Vanderpump’s dog Pink Dog died and she is understandably upset.
The image of Ken giving her CPR will...stay with me.
- Why is she doing this. [Hollywood Life]
- Sebastian Stan made a mistake. [Celebitchy]
- Nick Jonas has needed to start doing less for so long now. [Towleroad]
- Not quite sure why People decided to write a story about Brittany Murphy’s death today, but they did. And I read it. [People]
- Steven Tyler canceled his South American tour due to an “unexpected medical issue,” but is expected to be just fine. [People]