Yesterday, Ellen Page confronted Republican candidate Ted Cruz at the Iowa State Fair. Cruz was grilling pork chops like a real American when Page walked up and asked him, “What about the question about LGBT people being fired for being gay-trans?” ABC caught the exchange on camera.
Cruz answered her question with a standard Cruz response, “Well, what we’re seeing right now, we’re seeing Bible-believing Christians being persecuted for living according to their faith.” The conversation didn’t go beyond that, Cruz told Page that he wasn’t interested in a debate and made a short speech about Christian values, persecution, etc., Page pushed a bit more, and then she left. ABC reports that Page was at the Iowa State Fair on an assignment from Vice. [ABC]
Here are Kris Jenner and Jennifer Lawrence in what might be the most inexplicable Instagram post ever. “Happy birthday you piece of shit....” Jenner wrote. “God I love you #JenniferLawrence thanks for making this a night to remember...even if we get caught...I love you Happy Birthday Gorgeous!!! #Bible #momager #doll.” [Instagram]
In an interview with LA Confidential, Game of Thrones actress Natalie Dormer defended her controversial sex scene with a minor. “After what we’ve done on this show—the rape, the incest, the child murdering—it baffles me that two people in a reasonably good, reasonably affectionate relationship is what gets the wide eyes and the questions,” Dormer told the magazine. Not sure that’s actually a defense of the show. [Just Jared]
- This story on Howard Stern’s move towards “political correctness” is very, very funny. [Page Six]
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy are on a boat. [E!]
- Lindsay Lohan is being sued over unpaid bills. [TMZ]
- Lamar Odom says his Soulcycle drama with Khloe Kardashian was a “set up.” This whole story sounds like a wonderful soap opera plot. [Radar]
- The summer of 2015 was particularly rough for celebrities; here’s every celebrity couple that broke up this summer. [Huffington Post]
Images via Getty.