I’ve been thinking about this incredible observation all day. Help!
- Elizabeth Warren went on The View and explained her principled stance against holding a town hall on Fox News. “I’m just not going to give them a full hour to help them raise money, and help get credibility because they were willing to talk to me for an hour,” she said, describing the network (rightfully) as a “hate-for-profit scam.”
- Someone should just project “JOHN MCCAIN JOHN MCCAIN JOHN MCCAIN” onto the White House and see what happens. [Wall Street Journal]
- Remember the idiots who tried to crowdfund Donald Trump’s border wall? Apparently, they’ve started using some of the millions they raised to build an 18-foot high wall on private property in New Mexico, but the city issued a cease-and-desist letter because the wall is “not in compliance with city ordinance.” [Dallas Morning News]
- In related news, Trump has a new proposal in the works that would crack down even more on Central Americans who hope to seek asylum in the U.S. The proposal would “prohibit migrants from seeking asylum if they have resided in a country other than their own before coming to the U.S.” [Politico]
- Attorney General William Barr said in an interview, and I quote, “ACTUALLY, Mueller could have, like, TOTALLY made a decision on obstruction.” ;) [CBS News]
- Meanwhile, Trump totally lost his shit at Mueller during a press gaggle, called impeachment a “dirty word,” and helpfully clarified that he did not intend to imply in his tweet from earlier in the day that Russia helped get him elected. “Russia did not help me get elected. You know who got me elected? You know who got me elected? I got me elected. Russia didn’t help me at all,” he said. Nothing to see here, folks! [Associated Press]
- Looks like we’re going to have to fight Geraldo, y’all.
- A new lawsuit by four black Mississippi residents is suing to end the state’s provision that gubernatorial candidates must win both the popular vote and a majority of the state’s 122 House districts—a legacy of the Jim Crow era. [Associated Press]
- Any initiative that includes the phrase “natural law” won’t end well. [Politico]
- Some good news: New Hampshire lawmakers have repealed the state’s death penalty, overriding a veto by their Republican governor. [NPR]
This has been Barf Bag.