While doing her least favorite activity in the world (promoting a movie in the Fifty Shades series), Dakota Johnson was asked about the viral screencap in which she can be seen slyly looking at Angelina Jolie during Jennifer Aniston and Carol Burnett’s presentation at the Golden Globes. The image made the rounds earlier this month in a very, “Yaaaaas, Queen Dakota Johnson is one of us!!!! She lives for the Angie/Jen dramaaaaaaaa!” manner. The thing is, though...apparently she doesn’t.
“Truthfully, I don’t think that I was really looking at her,” she told Jimmy Fallon earlier this week. “If you look really closely at the angle of my eyes, they’re kind of, like, over here…[staring at] the Stranger Things table. And I really love Stranger Things.”
I’m not sure I buy this story, but I am sure of one other thing: that she definitely wasn’t staring at Jamie Dornan.
This week’s People cover is all about Meghan Markle and Duchess Kate’s [allegedly] blossoming friendship. Most of the quotes from anonymous insiders are run-of-the-mill stuff, but I found this one, from a royal biographer named Ingrid Seward, to be sort of great.
“Meghan is far more worldly and sophisticated than Kate was when she arrived on the scene. She was in one of the toughest businesses in the world and did well in it. She’s a divorcée and had some of the ups and downs in life. Kate has lived a rather charmed existence.”
Love a subtle and unnecessary royal drag!
- Steven Spielberg sent every Best Director nominee “caviar and champagne.” [Page Six]
- Lorde was snubbed by the Grammys, but she still loves her fans. [Page Six]
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus reportedly “love the idea of getting married barefoot on the beach.” Unsurprising! [Celebitchy]
- Katie Holmes has hung out with Jamie Foxx’s kids more often than Jamie Foxx has hung out with Suri. [People]
- Jill Zarin still has Page Six on speed dial. [Page Six]