Is it just me, or did someone’s face sit under a broiler for too long?
- Wow, does he even want to be president anymore?
- And now we find out that Vice President Mike Pence’s top national security advisor was also on the July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. You also do not have to read between the lines to figure out that Pence’s aides and Trump’s aides are clearly fighting. According to “White House officials,” Pence “would have received the detailed notes of the president’s call in his briefing book” the day after the call took place, yet “officials close to Pence insist that he was unaware of Trump’s efforts to press Zelensky for damaging information about Biden and his son.” Now is a nice time to remind ourselves that third in line for the presidency is the Speaker of the House. [Washington Post]
- Biden will not be destroyed! [CNN]
- Meanwhile, a seemingly wasted Corey Lewandoski got on cable news to try and defend his former boss:
- Remember when Trump tweeted out a video featuring Nickelback in an effort to own the Bidens? That video has been removed, sadly, for violating copyright. [NBC News]
- But this still exists:
- In non-impeachment news, Trump signed an executive order that he originally wanted titled “Protecting Medicare from Socialist Destruction” that sure sounds like it’s continuing the privatization of Medicare! [NPR]
- Elizabeth Warren has released her plan to give workers more power and revive organized labor, and it’s already drawn support from progressive labor leaders like Sara Nelson. [Splinter]
- Bernie Sanders will be at the October 15 Democratic debate, after getting surgery to fix a blocked artery. [Politico]
This has been Barf Bag.