Christian Bale, known for the extreme physical transformations he sometimes undergoes to perform challenging roles, bleached his eyebrows to play Dick Cheney. His eyebrows are actually way blonder than Cheney’s now; true commitment. He also appears to have put on some weight. Bale is now physically incapable of smiling, feelings of remorse.
This new, dowdier version of Bale debuted at the Telluride Film Festival this weekend, where he’d traveled to do press for his upcoming film Hostiles. The Cheney getup is for a different forthcoming movie, Backseat, which also stars Amy Adams as Lynne Cheney, Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush, and Steve Carell as Donald Rumsfeld. That last casting choice especially baffles me, as I associate Carell with playing characters who are funny, sad, or both, none of which are acceptable ways to play Rumsfeld, in my opinion.
Anyway, I can only hope that in ten years this current administration will be long gone and Christian Bale will be attending film festivals looking like he bathed in Orange Fanta and got hand reduction surgery.
Drake Bell and Josh Peck are friends again, officially. In fact, they freakin love each other, officially.
Back in June, Peck got married and apparently didn’t invite Bell, prompting Bell to write in tweets that have since been deleted, “When you’re not invited to the wedding the message is clear.”
Since then, the two have hugged at the MTV Video Music Awards, but more proof of authentic friendship feelings is always welcome.
- I’m only not putting this front-and-center because it was reported previously, but since it’s making the rounds again, Kim and Kanye’s surrogate’s baby is due at the end of January. [TMZ]
- Anna Faris isn’t wearing a wedding ring, but hasn’t filed divorces papers, but she is eating food. [TMZ]
- Madonna on parenting: “the older they get, the more challenging it gets—because now they’re becoming adults, and they really need guidance.” [People]
- Mary J. Blige opened up about her “horrible marriage” to ex Martin Isaacs, called him a “con artist.” [Page Six]
- Jimmy Fallon had another surgical procedure performed on his finger. He hopes it will be his last. [THR]