In news that will sound familiar to anyone whose met married, fertile straight people, TMZ reports Tuesday that Chris Pratt and Anna Faris split over disagreements about children. Anna wanted more kids, Chris didn’t, and now their marriage is over.
Our sources say he doesn’t want more kids ... at least not in the foreseeable future, because he can’t juggle a growing family with his career. And he can’t be corralled in one place — even L.A. — because that’s not the way the movie industry works.
There’s something about the condescending tone of this source (“that’s not the way the movie industry works”) that makes me think it’s a spokesperson for Pratt, but what do I know.
TMZ reports there were “other reasons” for the split, but wouldn’t get into it. They were also told the divorce will be “as amicable as it gets,” which sounds like the title of a movie I wouldn’t watch.
In more news about the ever-growing village of Splitsville, Amber Heard just posted a photo of her putting a fork in her hair (a la Ariel in The Little Mermaid) on Instagram. She captioned the photo, “Put a fork in it,” which seems like a reference to the old expression about things being “done.” Or maybe she just likes The Little Mermaid!
In any case, her ex Elon Musk (who thought the post was “cute”) commented on the photo:
“Although Amber and I did break up, we are still friends, remain close and love one another. Long distance relationships, when both partners have intense work obligations are always difficult, but who knows what the future holds.”
I’m surprised the caption didn’t end with, “I’ll tell you what the future holds: me at 250 years old, living in a condo on Mars.”
You might remember that Kendall Jenner was accused of not tipping her bartender by Baby’s All Right, a Brooklyn bar that does a great bottomless brunch if you’re into that sort of thing. But did you see that Jenner herself finally responded to the accusations? In a Tweet sent late Monday night, the elder Jenner sibling wrote:
This is unfair, but a celebrity should know better than to leave a tip field blank! You could leave a $100 bill on a $5 tab, but Instagramming an empty tip field on a receipt will give the person posting way more likes than a stray $100 bill. Sorry Kendall, but this is Celebrity 101! People will go out of their way to make you look bad!
- Usher’s insurance company probably won’t defend the singer or help him pay out any potential damages because he “allegedly [hid] his herpes diagnosis” from them. [People]
- I completely forgot about Lisa Marie Presley, but here she is with her kids. [Radar Online]
- “RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned from an inside source that the 50-year-old former Dance Moms star has hired a personal bodyguard after getting into a nasty scuffle last month.” How does hiring a prison bodyguard even...work? [Radar Online]
- Taylor Swift’s lawsuit against the bad DJ has finally begun. [Page Six]
- E! will never forget. [E! Online]