Image: Getty

On Wednesday, AMC announced that after a month-long internal investigation following abuse allegations made by actor Chloe Dykstra, Chris Hardwick would return to host Talking Dead on August 12. Dykstra, as you may recall, published an essay on Medium last month, detailing deeply disturbing sexual and emotional abuses she claims to have suffered during a years-long relationship. (She never named Hardwick, instead describing “a mildly successful podcaster to a powerhouse CEO of his own company.”) On Thursday evening, Dykstra made it known that she did not participate in AMC’s investigation because she does “not believe in an eye for an eye.”

She wrote (via Twitter):

I have been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about. I could have provided more details on the matter but chose not to. I have said what I wanted to say on the matter and I wish to move on with my life. I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. For that reason, I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.

She continued, revealing plans to work with “RAINN and other support groups for survivors.”

Regarding closure, I wish I had been able to have a private conversation with with the person I spoke about in my essay,” she wrote. “Reaching out to him over texts made me vulnerable, and ultimately ended up in a tabloid article where said texts were chopped up and spun to discredit me.

Full statement below:

Advertisement