I don't know who won The Voice last night. I don't care who won The Voice last night. What I do care about — and what we all should be caring about — is that last night on The Voice, Cher performed live on television for the first time in over 10 years. Her new song is a dance track called "Woman's World" and it will likely be played exclusively at drag shows.
Here are a handful of observations (out of countless observations) on her performance:
- CHER, veteran of show business, does not even try to match her backing track because CHER sings what she pleases when she pleases.
- CHER is 67-years-old.
- CHER looks great.
- This is sort of like watching your grandma do karaoke if your grandma was a hot leather daddy.
- 1:25 mark: USHER watching CHER.
- It worked for Beyonce. Why can't it work for CHER?
- This is a dream state. We are living in a dream.