Chelsea Handler is currently being "dissed" by GLAAD over remarks she made about Chaz Bono —or as she called him, "Chastity Bono before she got her penis".
According to a report from PerezHilton, GLAAD has fired back, finding her comments to be both inappropriate and hurtful, in a time when people around the country are striving for more sensitivity and less bullying.
In Arrested Development news, David Cross, Tobias Funke himself, is joining the cast of Modern Family!!!
According to The Hollywood Reporter's Lesley Goldberg, who first broke the news, Cross will play a city councilman, Duane, who will face off with Claire (Julie Bowen) on the upcoming third season of Modern Family, which premieres Sept. 21. No word yet on how many episodes he'll be doing.
Given how, er, passionate Claire tends to feel about issues such as "kindly" asking a neighbor to slow down (with supremely obnoxious and confusing neighborhood signs), we can only imagine how bat-poop nutzo she might be in a showdown with a city official. And David Cross, no less.
The Arrested Development and Mr. Show nerd in me is definitely tempted to do some super mockable dance right now.
"After three years of working together, Brad sat Rodger and I down and said, ‘I need to make a change. I want to be at home with my dog and my boyfriend. I want my personal life. I want to be out of the limelight.' And of course, within a week of us parting, when Brad went out on his own as a stylist, he started to pursue our clients, started going to all these events, and started doing all these things he basically said he had no interest in. It's not the first time I've been used. It's probably going to be the last time, though." —Rachel Zoe speaks out about ex-assistant Brad Goreski. [CocoPerez]
- Heidi Klum says she doesn't like to wear tops. Thousands of men and women nod in agreement. [CocoPerez]
- The Arcade Fire's Win Butler will host a "Pop Vs. Jock" charity basketball game. Lucky Montreal. [AVClub]
- Andre 3000 expands his incredibly dapper Benjamin Bixby clothing line —-and thus, how awesome I think he is—- in one fell swoop. [HipHopWired]
- TNT canceled Jada Pinkett-Smith's medical drama HawthoRNe. [Deadline]
- The View is planning a tribute to All My Children. [AOL]
- The Kardashians pose in lingerie for a "photoshopped to hell" campaign for Sears. [Celebitchy]
- "If people think what I do is so bad, I don't understand why they always use me to jump-start their struggling careers..... Mind your own business! If most comedians spent more time working on their act and trying to figure out how to get popular like the comedians who are popular, maybe they'd be popular, too… Whenever people ask me about the whole David Cross thing, I literally just blow it off, because it just doesn't mean anything to me. To me, it just seems like, ‘Here's another bitter comic that's angry at someone else's success.' To me, it's very open-mic-ish." —Larry The Cable Guy thinks David Cross is just jealous. [AVClub]