On one hand, this story is a frustrating reminder that we are living in a period of extreme income inequality. As of September 2017, the top 1% “controls 38.6% of America’s wealth,” and the gap is only widening. On the other hand, it’s inspiring to see a new mother make headlines for using her fame and power to return to work on her terms. OK, maybe it’s a little of each hand. The point is, Cardi B won’t leave her newborn baby Kulture for a performance unless you pay her $300,000. (That’s roughly 5x the median household income for a family in the United States.)
Cardi wants $300k to get back onstage, and it’s gonna be on her terms — no discounts. Fact is ... we’re told she’s getting offers in the $500k range, so she won’t be hurting for work.
We’re told not only does the moola have to be right, the location can’t be in Timbuktu. She wants the shows to be close to home. Reason’s simple ... she’s obsessed with her baby girl, Kulture Kiari Cephus.
Good for her! But also, how sad for us. It’s both, you see? Slayyyy mamaaaaa! Yikes, how will I ever retire!
I have always said (truly! I say this a lot!) that Gwyneth Paltrow should return to acting as a comedic performer. She’s excellent at it! Her best genre, absolutely (and both her SNL appearances from the late 90s/early 2000s are proof). More proof? A comment she left on a meme-heavy Instagram account’s photo of her sipping a martini alongside the caption, “Me at happy hour pretending to listen to my friends but really thinking about dick.”
“Ain’t that the damn truth,” Paltrow replied.
See?? She can be fun! Let it fly more often, Gwen. You’re good at this.
She’s gotta have it!
- Very funny that “hotter than ever” is in quotes here. [Inquisitr]
- This is fun most of the time but NOT WHEN THESE PARTICULAR CELEBRITIES DO IT. [TMZ]
- Mario Lopez and Tiffani Thiessen’s children (they don’t have children together) watch Saved by the Bell. [People]
- Nicole Kidman only lets her children watch “snippets” of Big Little Lies, which I understand. [Us Weekly]
- Will everyone PLEASE stop burgling Christina Milian? [TMZ]
- Imagine. [Page Six]