Caitlyn Jenner has dealt with a lot of scrutiny since publicly coming out as transgender in June of 2015, but none of the flack she’s taken in that time has been nearly as intense as the shit she gets for being a conservative Republican. That’s comforting, I guess?
While speaking at the University of Pennsylvania, Jenner was about her reasoning behind not supporting more liberal politics and the left-leaning parties that, traditionally, have been more pro trans rights.
“I have gotten more flak for being a conservative Republican than I have for being trans,” Jenner replied.
Buzz Bissinger, the writer of Jenner’s Vanity Fair profile and moderator of the panel, added, “Just because you change gender doesn’t mean you change your core beliefs.”
True! No matter how shitty and harmful those beliefs may be...
- Kanye West says he wants nothing but the best for his on-again/off-again nemesis, Taylor Swift. [US Weekly]
- Vanderpump Rules idiot Jax Taylor has taken a plea deal after drunkenly stealing a pair of sunglasses. [Gossip Cop]
- Kesha is ready to face down Dr. Luke in court. [TMZ]
- Emma Watson is taking a year off acting to focus on herself and feminist activism. [Elle]
- Don’t get your hopes up, but Casey Wilson says there miiiiiight be a Happy Endings movie. [ONTD]
- Former Disney kid Orlando Brown has been arrested for domestic violence. [NYDN]
- Looking for a palate cleanser? Here’s Emma Thompson being awesome. [Dlisted]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Image via Getty.