Now that the sometimes nauseating sometimes stupefying fever dream that was Megyn Kelly hosting the 9 a.m. hour of the Today show has come to an end, it’s possible NBC can breath a sigh of relief knowing ratings have since gone up.
Deadline reports that since Megyn Kelly Today was canceled on October 26—following Kelly’s characteristic questioning of whether blackface is bad—viewership has consistently gone up in the “key demographic favored by advertisers in that time period,” Variety reported. Nielsen estimates an improvement of about 10 percent. Deadline concludes that “viewers are liking…a return to the more traditional Today format, helmed by a stable of Today show talent, most often including Craig Melvin, Jenna Bush Hager, and Al Roker.”
The fourth hour of Today, hosted by Hota Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford, has also reportedly received more positive ratings since Kelly’s departure.
According to Variety, executives at competing networks are wondering whether these numbers represent stable growth or are merely precipitated by a moment of crisis and change, as most ratings boosts are.
So perhaps Kelly did, in the end, get the ratings she was hoping for.
I think Juliette Lewis speaks for us all….
This doll costs more than $1100 and doesn’t even resemble Idris Elba. It is, however, a classic cursed image.
- Jonah Hill is always here to remind you to hydrate and love yourself. [The Cut]
- Margot Robbie felt lonely in her Elizabeth I wardrobe and makeup. [Page Six]
- We have all kinds of articles in the Internet today! Including one on what Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s rendition of “Shallow” might be like if the song is nominated for an Oscar and they have to perform it live in front of all those people. [Indie Wire]
- Céline Dion’s gender-neutral children’s clothing line includes kiddie leather jackets. [People]
- Juan Gabriel’s former manager claims the singer faked his death…what the fuck?? [Newsweek]