Hey, since Geraldo Rivera is already hard at work apologizing for shit, maybe Bette Midler can get in on that? It’s her birthday tomorrow after all, and Geraldo Rivera’s public contrition, and maybe some bonus shame, would make a halfway decent gift.
Yesterday, video resurfaced of Midler recounting to Barbara Walters in 1991 how in the ’70s Rivera and an unnamed producer allegedly drugged and groped her:
“Geraldo and his producer came to do an interview with me, in the ‘70s, the early ‘70s. And this was when he was very, sort of, hot. And he and his producer left the crew in the other room. They pushed me into my bathroom. They broke two poppers and pushed them under my nose and proceeded to grope me.”
Rivera had a slightly different take on the incident in his 1991 memoir (which has the worst title of any memoir, practically a joke title: Exposing Myself), in which he describes placing his bands on Midler’s breasts. Going by the Washington Post’s review of that book, Rivera leaves the question of consent open—or implied, or not thought about, it’s not at all clear.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly set their wedding date to coincide with memorial day weekend. The exact wedding day is slated to be Saturday May 26, as reported by a British tabloid and passed along by TMZ. Memorial Day is the following Monday, which is also a Bank Holiday for British people.
- Jill Zarin from The Real Housewives of New Jersey is “astounded” by the doctors who are treating her husband Bobby’s cancer. [People]
- In 2016, some guy impersonated Britney Spears’ manager and got ahold of unreleased tracks (the album they were intended for was released shortly after). [TMZ]
- Jenny Slate got a book deal to write a collection of whimsical feminist essays. [EW]
- Olivia Newton-John, who announced earlier this year that she’d been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time, says that she’s “no longer in pain” and has begun working again. [Page Six]
- Jimmy Kimmel pushing Roy Moore around on Twitter feels at least a tiny bit good. [Vulture]
- Cindy Crawford just adores a good trampoline workout. [The Cut]