In the wake of the disastrous Fyre Festival, several famous models have faced criticism for promoting the event.
Not many people involved in the planning of Fyre have issued formal apologies—just the cofounders have released bizarre, semi-apologetic statements. And now model Bella Hadid, who helped promote the festival on social media has come forth with a statement of her own. The note reads:
This is fine, one better than most of her peers have done, but still, wow, it seems like no one’s publicist, agent, whatever looked into this thing at all.
Meanwhile, Kendall Jenner—who, according to a Vice News report, was paid $250,000 to promote the festival on Instagram (she also didn’t label the since-deleted post as an advertisement)—has, yet again, failed to weigh in on an advertising controversy she’s directly implicated in. But she did pose topless in boots so tall they’re practically crotchless pants.
Will Ferrell reprised his George W. Bush impression for Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and you can watch the performance here!
- Demi Lovato upset some fans by promoting a weight-loss “detox” tea on Instagram. [Teen Vogue]
- DMX checked into a rehab facility. [TMZ]
- Vanderpump Rules’ Scheana Shay has finalized her divorce from Mike Shay. [Us Weekly]
- Lil’ Kim got stuck in an elevator for 20 minutes. [Page Six]
- Seth Rogen was already working on a movie about “a music festival that goes HORRIBLY WRONG” before this past Thursday. [People]
- Laura Dern is in the running for president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. [Variety]
- Kim Kardashian is furious at Scott Disick for hiding a girl in his Dubai hotel room in a new KUWTK promo. [E! News]