In a move that obviously has nothing to do with brother Michael's $2 billion estate, no, nothing whatsoever, LaToya Jackson has swooped in on miniature heirs Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson and taken them under her wing. By which I mean she signed them to her talent agency, Ja-Tail Enterprises—which has no other clients—and is currently pitching the kids all around Hollywood at a 15% commission rate.
The get-togethers included "lots of ice cream and cookies," said a family insider.
"They needed comfort with everyone showing their wild side, so they watched television together, they listened to music and they talked about what Mike would want. Mostly, it was Toya doing all the talking."
"She told them how she knew [Michael] better than anybody else, and she knew he'd want them to follow their dreams; and because they were his children, they could be media and entertainment moguls.
"She had a blueprint. She sold it, and they bought it."
Meanwhile, a "smoking gun" email from a concert promoter will be used as proof that Conrad Murray pushed Michael Jackson into rehearsals for This Is It despite his poor health.
A cornerstone of the Jacksons' case is an e-mail AEG Live Co-CEO Paul Gongaware wrote 11 days before Jackson's June 25, 2009, death. The e-mail to show director Kenny Ortega addressed concerns that Murray had kept Jackson from a rehearsal the day before: "We want to remind (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him."
Heidi Klum has made a last-minute deal to join the judges panel on Season 8 of America's Got Talent, planning to join up with the others—Howard Stern, Howie Mandel and Mel B—during the first round of auditions in New Orleans today. She told People: "I've always wanted to work with Howard Stern. I think he's so funny, charming, handsome and smart. And, yes, he did tell me to say this." [Us Weekly, People]
">It's pretty well-known that Tom Cruise considered joining the priesthood when he was a teenager, but it's been revealed that he actually got kicked out of the seminary of St. Francis for stealing booze from his Franciscan teachers. A friend snuck into the room with the liquor and threw it down to Cruise, who waited by the window. A bright idea: "I tossed about six. Most broke."
Hilariously, even before this incident, none of the priests thought he was too special: Teachers describe him as a mediocre student. "The [IQ cutoff] is 110, and he scored exactly 110," "He was very unremarkable. You would never have thought he'd make it, although he did have a really neat smile." [NYDN]
One Direction Pop Tart Louis Tomlinson, one of the One Direction Band Members Who Are Not Harry Styles, installed a panic room in his £2.5million Hertfordshire property on behalf of his girlfriend Eleanor Calder, who had been receiving death threats from fans. Other than that, all you really need to know about this guy is that he has a tattoo of a teacup. And, scene. [Digital Spy]
In which Allison Williams contemplates the gazelles and the lions and the warthog carcasses of Hollywood:
When Mean Girls came out, I just thought Lindsay Lohan was genius. I didn't understand how I could ever come close to that if they didn't let me start young. I've come to realize it's not a zero-sum game. When I see performances like Jennifer Lawrence's in Silver Linings Playbook, I think, 'God, what a great role.' But maybe, just maybe, she watches Girls and maybe, just maybe, she wishes she was on Girls.
- Lindsay Lohan wants Charlie Sheen to stop offering to be her mentor. [TMZ]
- And LiLo's former assistant will be a key witness against her at trial. [Radar Online]
- Brendan Fraser, best remembered as the smokin' hot Vietnam vet in approximately 5 minutes of Now And Then, is going broke. [TMZ]
- Lana and Andy Wachowski are being sued for $300 million by a dude who says they stole the idea for The Matrix from him. [TMZ]
- Michelle Williams (the "Jack Twist? Jack NASTY!" one) wanted to be a boxer when she was a kid. [Express]
- "As a teenager I found life to be invariably disgusting." —Morrissey, malcontent. [Express]
- Shiri Appleby (i.e. Liz from Roswell) is pregnant with an (alien?!) child, in a bikini, on a beach. [Us Weekly]
- Russell Crowe might be dating his much-younger Les Mis co-star Samantha Barks. [Daily Mail]
- Pictures from Kate Middleton and Prince William's ski trip? I mean, I don't need to look at them, because I was actually THERE, but for you guys. [Daily Mail]
- Lea Michele and Real Housewives of Atlanta's NeNe Leaks appear to have a special bond. [People]
- As ever, Joan Rivers isn't sorry for her latest scandalous jokes. "If you want nice, go on Christian Singles and marry somebody." [Page Six]
- Anne Hathaway's con-artist ex-boyfriend Raffaelo Follieri is gunning for a presidential pardon, wants to "buy an energy company in Switzerland," still sounds totally sketchy. [Page Six]
- Rapper Fabolous says that Chris Brown is actually a nice guy zzzzzzz. [Page Six]
- Hey, bro. You want to see Jamie Lynn Spears' engagement ring? K. [Us Weekly]
- Tom Cruise's son Connor, Gene Simmons' son Nick and Magic Mike actor Alex Pettyfer are all best friends. The three best friends that anyone can have. [Page Six]
- Here's Kevin Hart as Quvenzhane Wallis on SNL. [NYDN]
- Superadorables Alexis Bledel and Jason Ritter will star as a couple on a new Fox comedy. [Vulture]
- Katie Holmes was not in her groove at her last Soul Cycle class. [Radar Online]
- Olivia Wilde tells Justin Bieber to put his fucking shirt on. [E!]