TMZ has uncovered... or perhaps been sent by someone whose name rhymes with Shmaubrey Schmo’Schmay... a video for Aubrey O’Day’s unreleased cover of Gotye’s 2011 hit “Somebody That I Used to Know.”
The track has been on YouTube for years—she recorded it in 2012—and is filled with comments from O’Day stans like:
- “Love this version. Just as good as the original” (one year ago)
- “I love how she change the lyricsssss YESSS AUBREY QUEEN” (two years ago)
- “Aubreys so not afraid to draw out of the lines” (five years ago)
Though the song had a loyal fanbase, none of them realized it was possibly about sentient fedora Donald J. Trump Jr. until this week. And because hindsight is 20/20, its revamped lyrics now make so much sense. Just read (or listen to) the first verse.
Now and then I think of when we were together, like when you told me that your marriage was a lie
Told me that I brought you back to life, couldn’t live without me by your side
Didn’t care about the sex you begged to fuck my mind, you can get addicted to a certain kind of madness
You’d love to be a man your life just won’t allow, you said that was the reason for your pain
But you were scared to ruin your family’s name, your wife’s the only one glad we are over
Not the most thoughtful song (O’Day has never been one for subtlety), but it could have made for a hell of a video. TMZ released behind-the-scenes footage from the production that was ultimately scrapped after O’Day ran out of cash to finish it.
In it, we see O’Day lip-sync to the song as she shows off her naked body, which has been covered in hand-painted words like “CHEATER,” “LIAR,” and “HATE.” Again, it ain’t subtle, but this alleged affair is so out of left-field that your jaw can’t help but drop a little while watching the whole thing.
When you think of steamy affairs that lead to angry, sexy scorned-partner songs, you don’t typically imagine them being cause by someone like this:
Taylor Swift is on a gift-giving spree. She’s followed up her recent champagne surprise by giving Amber Rose’s son Sebastian tickets to one of her Reputation shows. This is cute.
I wonder if Jennifer Lawrence knows this feud is happening.
- Scott Eastwood’s intense idolization of his father Clint is obvious to anyone who follows him on Instagram, but here’s a recent piece of evidence. [Page Six]
- Of course Paige Davis wanted to host the Trading Spaces reboot. [People]
- I like days when I’m not reminded of Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s love. Today is not one of those days. [E! Online]
- Chrissy Metz’s dad was an abusive asshole. [People]
- Busy Philipps has something called Photo Keratitis, which is a caused by bright lights and apparently feels like there are SHARDS OF GLASS in your eyes. Anyways, I’m going to avoid the sun forever. [Us Weekly]