Aretha Franklin sat down with the Wall Street Journal to discuss
JP Morgan's plans to cut 3,000 more jobs this year her new album Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics. The interviewer asked her about today's top songstresses, and her responses, as always, were pretty phenomenal.
On Adele: "young singer, good singer"
On Alicia Keys: "young performer, good writer/producer"
On Taylor Swift: "great gowns, beautiful gowns"
On Nicki Minaj: "Nicki Minaj.....I'm gonna pass on that!"
"Great gowns, beautiful gowns." Flawless execution. Also she had no idea what auto-tune is before this interview. Also, also, an interview with Wall Street Journal? They are really trying to get the word out on this album, huh? [ONTD/WSJ]
Joe Manganiello on the difference between Magic Mike and Magic Mike XXL: Magic Mike ""was more about the romance...and had more of an art house feel, this one is more of a '70s road trip movie, like Easy Rider. Animal House, when they went out on the road." That brings us to the end of this excuse to use a Joe Manganiello gif. [E!]
Chad Kroeger gave some poor interviewer at ET Canada a lecture on how the celebrity rumor mill works and why all this talk about his impending breakup/divorce from Avril Lavigne is completely false. He then submitted a rumor of his own: "I'm pregnant." [ET Canada]
- The legal battle over Casey Kasem's body, which is decomposing in a Scandinavian mortuary and hasn't even been embalmed, continues. I know he's dead, and it's inanimate body, BUT CAN'T A MAN JUST HAVE SOME REST?! [TMZ]
- TMZ seems to think that professional Albanian grandmother cosplayer Mary-Kate Olsen (still with me?) has done so much to her face that she no longer looks like Ashley. But I've never been very good at those 'Spot the Difference' puzzles. [TMZ]
- Rachel Bilson and Hayden "NOOOOOOOOOOO" Christensen named their baby girl Briar Rose—after Sleeping Beauty. [Celebitchy]
- ALERT. There's a chance Jared Leto may play the Joker in the upcoming Suicide Squad. [The Wrap]
- Selena Gomez sold her $3.45 million LA home to Iggy Azalea and Nick Young. Also, the author of this Variety listing seems to think that Iggy Azalea is 21 (she's 24). [Variety]
- The RDJ dickery continues to unfold: ITV's Lorraine Kelly revealed that when Robert Downey Jr. sat down for an interview with her, the first thing he said was "Nice tits." THEN DAILY MAIL TRIES TO TOP ROBERT DOWNEY JR. BY MENTIONING KELLY'S CUP SIZE GODDAMMIT DAILY MAIL. [Ugh]
- Drew Barrymore wants to act "less and less" to focus on her family. [Contact Music]
- This headline reads "Ariana Grande doesn't take herself 'too seriously,'" but I'm pretty sure that's a direct quote from Ariana Grande. [Contact Music]
- You otter know:
Lede image via Getty.