Anne Hathaway, an actress that people loooove to have strong opinions about, is on the November cover of Elle UK, wearing a very chill suit and looking suave as hell. In the accompanying interview she talks about how fame is stressful, which, yeah. Being famous sounds mostly not fun except for the part where everyone lets you wear chill suits for free.
"The fame thing? Fucked me up for a really long time," she told the magazine. "I didn't know how to do it; I didn't know how to engage with it; it stressed me out. And people would say, 'You just have to be yourself,' and I was like, 'But I don't know who that is yet!'"
Now she is in a better place: "I've realized that don't need validation from anybody. At all. I'm not sitting here now worrying, 'What do you think of me?' With all due respect, you seem like a lovely lady, but I don't need you, or anyone else, to like me. And that's so liberating. It's a big reveal, man." YOU TELL 'EM, ANNE. WHO CARES WHAT THE ASSORTED PLEBS OF THE INTERNET (I obviously include myself in this category) THINK. [Elle UK, NYDN]
In another sublime moment of Peak Drake, the rapper made a joke about his failed relationship with Rihanna — he was performing with Lil Wayne and Lil Wayne did a dance, prompting Drake to say, "Maybe I should've brought that shit out earlier. Maybe I could've made that shit work with Rihanna a little better." Don't blame yourself Drake!!!! Rihanna is a goddess who cannot be tethered to a mere mortal, not even one who was on Degrassi. [Just Jared]
Amanda Bynes was reportedly kicked out of fashion school last month. Her classmates tell TMZ that she often showed up to class "high on weed" and was caught cheating on a test. I really hope she's able to get the help and support she needs. [TMZ]
- James Franco says he is shy around women. This means you're going to have to make the first move, ladies (unless you are a teenager on Instagram). [ONTD]
- Ben Affleck spoke about his penis' cinematic debut. "It's an IMAX penis," says Ben Affleck. Can't wait til men on Tinder adopt that as a pickup line. [ONTD]
- Selena Gomez and Miranda Kerr, the women whom Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber were allegedly fighting over that one time in Ibiza, hung out and looked fashionable and no one got punched. [ONTD]
- In other Bieber news, his horrible mustache took Kendall Jenner on a date in Paris. [NYDN]
- Jaden Smith released a song. It is 7 minutes long but lasts an eternity on a spiritual level. It is about meeting a girl at Coachella, as all the great love songs are. [Gossip Cop]
- Miley Cyrus's brother (RIP, Metro Station) expressed regret on Twitter that he had "ruined [his] body with all these stupid tattoos." Miley Cyrus cheered him up by suggesting they get more tattoos. Problem solved, I guess. [MTV]
- TAYLOR SWIFT AND LORDE WERE ATTACKED BY SOME DISRESPECTFUL-ASS SQUIRRELS AT SHAKE SHACK. [MTV]
- Here is a photo of Channing Tatum wearing a snorkel on his head and holding a sizable rock. [OK]
- Reese Witherspoon hired a sex-hypnotist, which is the first thing I'd do if I ever got famous. It was for a movie role, but, still, a very useful resource. [ONTD]