After Alec Baldwin flipped the fuck out on Daily Mail writer George Stark, calling him a "toxic little queen" and threatening to beat the shit out of him, Baldwin reached out to GLAAD to do some preemptive I'm-totally-not-homophobic-I-just-like-to-call-people-queens damage control. Convincing stuff!
Baldwin subsequently wrote to GLAAD: "My ill-advised attack on George Stark of the Daily Mail had absolutely nothing to do with issues of anyone's sexual orientation. My anger was directed at Mr. Stark for blatantly lying and disseminating libelous information about my wife and her conduct at our friend's funeral service. As someone who fights against homophobia, I apologize."
Baldwin also told Gothamist that he didn't mean "queen" as an anti-gay slur.
"A queen to me has a different meaning," he said. "It’s somebody who’s just above. It doesn’t have any necessarily sexual connotations. To me a queen... I know women that act queeny, I know men that are straight that act queeny, and I know gay men that act queeny. It doesn’t have to be a definite sexual connotation, or a homophobic connotation."
And then GLAAD was all, "Kewl! Alec Baldwin is our favorite ally evar." Anderson Cooper, however, wasn't so convinced.
"Why does #AlecBaldwin get a pass when he uses gay slurs?" Cooper tweeted, in response to calling a British reporter a "a toxic little queen" on Twitter. "If a conservative talked of beating up a 'queen' they would be vilified," Cooper added.
- Oooooooooooooooo! Kylie Jenner was spotted holding hands with Jaden Smith! OooooOOOooooOooOoOOOOOooo!!! [NYDN]
- Hello, best thing of all time. Nice to meet you. "Quiz: Which Pharrell Is Older?" [Vulture]
- Miley Cyrus filled out this questionnaire. She says her job is "pro twerker." [ABC]
- Also, she was apparently caught "snapping sexy selfies." [E!]
- In his latest movie, Jason Statham had to do emotions and stuff. [News. au]
- NKOTB has some advice for Justin Bieber. [E!]
- Alyssa Milano's husband does not mind when she is not wearing anything. [E!]
- Dame Helen Mirren says she's glad she met her husband later in life—so they can die together, basically. (Or, ideally, live for-fucking-ever.) [Express]
- Courtney Stodden, dour, bikini. [E!]
- WEEKEND. BYE.
Images via Getty.