Wait. Can you "accio" sentient beings? Or do I need to, like, levicorpus all the Harry Potter fans and then locomotor them over to the West End? Please advise. As I'm sure you can tell, I got a "T" in Charms. Oh, ANYHOO, there's going to be a Harry Potter stage show co-produced and overseen by J.K. Rowling within the next two years.
Rowling will not write the stage piece — however, she will co-produce and collaborate with a playwright.
...But the play, to be steered by prominent London and New York producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender, will mine (according to a statement sent to me, as a mudblood, by Owl Post yesterday) 'the previously untold story of Harry Potter's early years as an orphan and outcast'.
...Harry Potter's theatrical adaptation will seek to 'offer a unique insight into the heart and mind of the now legendary young wizard. A seemingly ordinary boy, but one for whom destiny has plans...'
Rowling noted the numerous approaches she has received about putting Harry Potter on the stage, but the vision put forth by Sonia and Colin 'was the only one that really made sense to me, and which had the sensitivity, intensity and intimacy I thought appropriate for bringing Harry's story to the stage.
After a year in gestation, it is very exciting to see this project moving onto the next phrase.'
BRB, JELLY-BRANS JINXED OVER HERE. [DailyMail]
Billie Jean King wants gay Russians to know, "You are not alone."
"Maybe we should wave rainbow flags or something, I don't know," she said, drawing an analogy to the Black Power salute – a raised fist – given by two American athletes at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics.
"As long as we're not being malicious," she said, "we can show our feelings."
President Obama named the former tennis champion, who is gay, to the American delegation at the Olympics earlier this week.
"I'm very proud to go as an athlete, and as a gay woman," she said. "I'm thrilled."
..."I'm not real big on boycotting," King told Amanpour. "It has to be absolutely a last resort."
"I think it's more important to go and be there, and be involved, and be committed to trying to help change – and trying to let people also know if you're gay that you're not alone."
- Selena Gomez has apparently canceled her entire Australian tour in order to "spend some time on myself." Hope everything's okay. That always seems like a bad sign. [People]
- Wait. P. Diddy has SIX kids? That is so many kids! Here is their Christmas card. [E!]
- Tyra Banks prefers to say "fiercely real" instead of "plus size." OKEY DOKEY, LADY. No better way to protest an insulting euphemism than to replace it with an even nonsensier euphemism. But I appreciate the sentiment, I suppose. [HuffPo]
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese gave President Obama a very special DVD of The Wolf of Wall Street. [HuffPo]
- Human rights groups are mad at Mariah Carey for performing in Angola. [E!]
- Here is Julianne Hough's shoe collection. [E!]
- Later. Gotta go stare at this gif till forever.
Images via Getty.