What is a zaddy?
A zaddy is a guy you look at and think, zamn, zaddy... Immediately, you know in your heart who’s not a zaddy. It’s an instinctual response that’s not worth explaining in depth because you’re supposed to just feel it. The subject is not merely conventionally “hot”—he’s a zaddy*. In other words, there’s an inner zaddiness. (The Rock is nice and built, but not a zaddy in my eyes. Neither is Nicholas Cage.) If you don’t like the idea of “daddy,” let alone “zaddy,” well, I feel you, but you don’t have to support the idea of zaddy to recognize one. Here is an incomplete list of famous zaddys, unranked.
*Doesn’t have to be an actual father.
1. Chris Pine anytime
2. Justin Theroux in sweatpants
3. Trevante Rhodes
4. Idris Elba obviously
4. Jason Momoa, an unfair specimen
5. Drake when he’s bearded and in the gym
6. Mahershala Ali
7. The combination of Justin Trudeau and Barack Obama
8. Charlie Hunnam (A reading zaddy!)
9. Nas (zaddy eyes)
10. Chris Hemsworth dressed as Thor
11. Usher. Yes, still!
12. Joe Manganiello
13. Tom Hardy, menacing
14. Omari Hardwick (See this.)
15. Jon Hamm unleashed
16. Odell Beckham Jr.
17. Zayn Malik
18. Oscar Isaac
19. Kofi Siriboe. Get to know him.
20. Scott Foley
21. John Slattery, eternal zaddy
There are many more. You define them in your hearts. Happy Father’s Day!