Hand me my chewing knife!
- A Maryland judge has declined to dismiss a lawsuit filed against the Kushner family’s real estate company on behalf of tenants claiming “inappropriate and excessive fees.” (Talking Points Memo)
- A federal court has reversed a ban on early voting on Florida university campuses. (Election Law Blog)
- House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California and Speaker Paul Ryan of Wisconsin have reneged on a promised vote on a guest worker program, which they had previously vowed to do before the August recess. (Politico)
- Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions ranted at a bunch of high school students about “snowflakes” while people in the crowd chanted “Lock her up!” Sessions laughed and joined in the chanting. Normal country! (The Washington Post)
- In an effort to woo farmers to the GOP ahead of the midterm elections, President Donald Trump has offered farmers $12 billion in aid to offset retaliatory trade tariffs. (Politico)
- Massachusetts passed the Negating Archaic Statutes Targeting Young Women Act, aka the NASTY Women Act, a bill that will repeal a super old state law banning abortion. Gov. Charlie Baker is expected to sign the bill. (The Hill)
- Four members of the Homeland Security Advisory Council have resigned, telling Homeland Security Secretary Kristjen Nielsen in a resignation letter that “taking children from migrant parents was morally repugnant, counter-productive and ill-considered” and that they “cannot tolerate association with the immigration policies of this administration.” (HuffPost)
- A top Kremlin aide has said that Russia would like to “let the dust settle” before holding another summit between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. (The Hill)
- The boys are back in town and by the boys I mean former Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump., Jr., and Bret Michaels and by town I mean ???? (Instagram)
This has been Barf Bag.