A lot of Executive Time today. Where’s my Diet Dr. Pepper???
- Wilbur Ross, Donald Trump’s Commerce Secretary, threatened to fire top NOAA employees after a local office wrote on Twitter that “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane Dorian will be felt across Alabama,” contradicting Trump’s claim. Meanwhile, in the Bahamas, the death toll is rising, thousands are now homeless, and oil is seeping into the ground after Hurricane Dorian ripped the roofs off of oil tanks. [New York Times/Bloomberg]
- Hundreds of Amazon employees who are calling on the company to take action on climate change plan on walking out to take part in the global climate strike next week. They are demanding “Amazon to stop donating to politicians and lobbying groups that deny the reality of climate change, to stop working with oil and gas companies to optimize fossil fuel extraction, and to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2030.” [Wired]
- Read about how Donald Trump’s truly incredible plan to hold a meeting with the Taliban fell to pieces. [New York Times]
- In other news about dumb plans, the White House is considering, surprise surprise, a terrible idea to combat gun violence. [Washington Post]
- Top Democratic presidential candidates got together for an anti-gun violence ad. Elizabeth Warren kicks it off, not that that means anything. ;) [CNN]
- After it was reported that Air Force crews have been staying at Trump’s resort in Scotland, the Air Force is reviewing “how it chooses overnight accommodations on long flights.” [Politico]
- One Congressional district in North Carolina is holding a do-over vote on Tuesday because Republican corruption was exposed and held to account for once in our dang lives! [NBC News]
- Another bad Republican man is running against Trump. [Washington Post]
- Dear lord.
- Pretty sure that Donald Trump wrote this tweet!
This has been Barf Bag.