Dating in the digital age sure can get complicated, can't it? People used to complain about having to wait by the phone — at least they didn't have to try to decipher text messages, glean the hidden meaning behind Facebook updates, and get rejected before even meeting each other in person!
What's a gal to do? Have no fear: We can help! We've put together a handy-dandy guide of seven tech-savvy ways your technology can help you tell if your latest guy is a good match — or if you should give him a good, old-fashioned kick to the curb.
- Good match: He looks like his online dating profile photo!
Bad match: His photo looks like Brad Pitt; he looks like Mr. Bean.
- Good match: On a date, he only texts to let you know he's on his way.
Bad match: He texts other people all the way through your date.
- Good match: He uses his smartphone to actually call you.
Bad match: He never turns off the ringer, and answers his smartphone constantly...no matter WHAT you're doing!
- Good match: His phone has apps for great date suggestions like Picksies and he asks for your opinion.
Bad match: He has the Fake Girlfriend app.
- Good match: He uses Facebook to show off adorable pics of the two of you.
Bad match: He uses Facebook to keep track of his exes, upload embarrassing photos of you, and/or get tagged in pics with other girls.
- Good match: He's interested in your Pinterest boards (even the ones about cupcakes and overly intricate nail art).
Bad match: He's competitive about your Pinterest boards and is trying out "pin" you.
- Good match: If he's out and spots something cute, he sends you a photo of the puppy or kitten or funny sign he sees.
Bad match: He accidentally includes you on a mass text forward of Octomom's latest pin-up photo.