An actual photo of me (on the left) and Jezebel’s Cannibal Witch (on the right) as we count down the days until Election Day. Don’t we look great??
- Listen to Donald Trump spew words on Good Morning America if you “must.” [Twitter]
- Donald Trump: “Anytime a Republican is leading, they take out the ‘R’ word, the ‘racist’ word. And I’m not anti-immigrant at all.” What is the point of all of this? [Politico]
- Meanwhile, the thousands of migrants traveling north from Central America are continuing on foot, after the Mexican government blocked an aid group’s plan to use buses to assist them with their journey. [Arizona Republic/USA Today]
- And a new AP study has “documented at least 56,800 migrants dead or missing worldwide since 2014,” which the AP acknowledges likely doesn’t reflect the actual, higher numbers of the dead. “Barely counted in life, these people don’t register in death, as if they never lived at all.” Damn. [Associated Press]
- Former Fox News shill Heather Nauert is Trump’s top choice to replace Nikki Haley as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. [CNN]
- Guess which countries are in the new “troika of tyranny” announced today by John Bolton!!! In the same speech, he also described the far-right fascist and Brazil’s new president Jair Bolsonaro as a “like-minded leader” which to be honest is true! [Washington Post/Politico]
- Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke is a scamming scumbag and now he’s a scamming scumbag who may soon be under criminal investigation. Bloop! [New York Times]
- But don’t get too excited about Zinke’s (possible) departure. [Politico]
- The NRA is maybe spending less money this year to influence the midterms. [Associated Press]
- A federal judge is allowing North Dakota’s draconian voter ID law—which disenfranchises many of the state’s Native American voters—to remain in effect. [Slate]
- I too am running for president in 2020. [The Hill]
- Because we all need to grab joy wherever we find it, here’s a highly entertaining Twitter thread for your pleasure. [Twitter]
This has been Barf Bag.